Rip Rock
Wayne, have you thought about making a  0.1hz frequency disk/ download? 
Some people have been using this strategy for years , while trying to maximize spl.  All though illegal in competition,  but very useful in testing.  
Once you pin point the exact frequency,  you can use either use heat or use air conditioning to shift to the closest hz, full frequency,  on the db drag cd.   
Thoughts ?  
Quote 1 0
Wayne Harris
First, welcome back!

To be honest I have never considered doing this. It would be interesting to see just how much slight variations in frequency (0.1 Hz) actually affect SPL. We know that anything that affects atmospheric conditions (temperature, humidity, altitude, barometric pressure) will affect air density. This, in turn can impact the ideal frequency that should be used when competing. The Term-LAB system has an incredibly precise spectrum analyzer that resolves 1 Hz resolution. I just am not sure how minute variations in frequency (0.1 dB) would affect the measurement.

If we did produce a CD with small frequency variations we would need to combine multiple tones on each track. We already use 81 tracks and that is approaching the maximum limit for a CD.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Rip Rock
I was thinking a separate disc , for the hardcore competitor.   We had got a disc made back in the day with this.  We had great results with it, but it was in controlled environment , extreme.    Same altitude,  same temperature,  ect ect, you can gain a fair ammount.   
I was thinking,  its time to let some of the secrets go as well.  
For the record,  we never used this in competition.  
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
Rip Rock wrote:
I was thinking a separate disc , for the hardcore competitor.   We had got a disc made back in the day with this.  We had great results with it, but it was in controlled environment , extreme.    Same altitude,  same temperature,  ect ect, you can gain a fair ammount.   
I was thinking,  its time to let some of the secrets go as well.  
For the record,  we never used this in competition.  

Wayne I think a CD like this could be made to fit fairly easy. First you wouldn’t need the first 15 or so music tracks. And you could shorten each frequency to 5 or 10 seconds.  Even if they don’t fit on a CD it shouldn’t be that much larger so it could still be made in a download form. I’m not sure how this would help the lower Stock classes, or even if it be something of interest for Super Street classes. But it’s something I know I’d enjoy experimenting with. Even if it was just 0.5hz increments or even 0.25hz increments. 
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy