RemoteInstall
I am installing an Avital 4400 alarm and remote starter with DEI 652T VATS bypass module. I have done all of the ignition, starter and accessory wires. But when I try to remote start the car, it will crank and then stop three times before it quit trying. If I leave a key in the ignition ON position whether the key has the resistor on it or not and then remote start the car, it WILL START, but the remote starter doesn't seem know the car is started and will still trying to start the car.

Any help on this wound greatly appreciated. I don't know what else to try.
Quote 0 0
SoundWerx
tach or voltage?

I havent used a DEI vats bypass so correct me if i am wrong. Does the bypass learn the resistance? or do you select your ohm load?
Quote 0 0
RemoteInstall
I didn't connect the tach wire, so I assume the starter detects voltage. The installation manual doesn't mention if tach wire is required or not.

The DEI vats bypass requires select my ohm from one of the 15 resistors. I am sure I got the one with the right ohm value that match with my key. From the bypass instruction it says "it doesn't matter which of the two vats wire to cut...". Is this right or I have to cut the one with about 6 Volt when on key is present?
Quote 0 0
teamflorida AJ
You got to have the tach hooked up on most systems. Is the avital voltage sensing or have a wire for the tach? It senses the car running. The tach wire is purple and white or white at the ingnition control module on your car.
Quote 0 0
SoundWerx
Im not all that famaliar with VATS. but does that unit have to be put into voltage mode or is that the default setting?
Quote 0 0
RemoteInstall
Thanks for the replies. The Avital unit does have a tach wire. I have no idea whether Avital senses the voltage or not. But can anyone help me explain why I could start the car if I have the a key on ignition Run position? I have even tried block the resistor on the key and it still let me remote start the car.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
definitely need to hook up the tach wire. then program the tach by starting the car and using the valet button. that is issue number one.
Do that, should be most of your problem.
If you're still having issues, get back to us.

SOLDER your tach connection. use the white wire at the coil on the back of the engine. closest to the brake booster
Quote 0 0
Sean Sturts
I installed remote start on an 03'.. I wrapped and taped the tach wire.. I couldn't get the bypass module to work so I soldered the resistors. It's pretty easy; your bypass is going to be in the column wrapped in yellow.. Remember don't touch the wires in the red shield; that's your airbag and it will hurt!
Quote 0 0
RemoteInstall
Thanks for all the helps. I will try connecting tach wire and the tach learn.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy