casperskafs
So here's what I have and tried. I have 0 gauge AB wire (8 runs), 2/0 closed end ring terminals (wire fits perfect) butane camping torch as tall as my 4 arm, no vice. My problem is the solder wants to harden before I can get the wire completely in. I'm by myself so I have to set the solder down then pick up the wire while keeping the terminal in the flame. I've put the terminal in the flame a few more seconds before I put the wire in but its hard to hold the terminal in the flame and insert the wire without burning myself and the wire or knocking the torch over. I learned if I hold the flame on to long or have the torch high it will burn through my terminal. My wife is to scared to mess with it so i'm on my own.
Any suggestions?
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
http://www.harborfreight.com

Buy a vice.
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
Use the vice to hold the connector and that's it...
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i typically use a MAPP gas/torch. but buy a vice
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Got a vice on the way. I see thats about my only hope. Thanks for the responses guys
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
don't you have any friends?

or buy a crimping tool?
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by AmmoJammo:
don't you have any friends?

or buy a crimping tool?
My teamate is always busy but I finally caught him yesterday and I borrowed a vice. He even invited another friend so we made it a 3 man job. I torched another soldered and other put the wire in. Made things much easier and cleaner. Thanks for all the advice!!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy