tucked65
A little while back I ordered a Lanzar 1200D off Ebay. I've had one of these amps before, and I know they can push some very respectable power, being they have a similar board to the RE sub amp.

When I got the package in the mail, I opened it up, and I seen that they sent me a Vibe 1800D. Yeah, it sounds like they got the short end of the stick, but I am just wondering if this amp is of the same quality as the 1200D. I find it weird how they have like the 100D, 1800D, all the way up to a 4KD, but the actual 1200D is a different series. So I am really starting to wonder what the 1800D will push into 1 ohm, and if I should have bitched and demanded a 1200D
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
the lanzar 4kd is the same as a soundstream 6500

open the amp up and do a search for the boards of a soundstream PCA 2000d and see if their the same
Quote 0 0
rex150
I thought the Vibe series was the lower end version, could be wrong though.
Quote 0 0
LowFreq
The opti2000D has the same board as the pca2000d. I have both amps and i decided the SS was more reliable so i'm running it. I have no idea on the 1800d I don't think their vibe amps are as good of quality as the opti line.
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
So this means that the IA is the same as that other amp that looks just like it inside.
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
See. http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/20/t/012750.html
But I bet you money. If you clamp the lanzar and the 6500 they will NOT do the same power! With enough batts.
Quote 0 0
kenneth
on the tpoic of the vibe 1800d, yes it should work just fine at 1 ohm. i know it has a rating of a max some watts at 1.3 ohms, so a .3 difference is nothing. and i believe it may even have a very similar board and push about the same exact power as the 1200d if not a little more. they are both vibe series so it doesnt matter what they had mentioned above, it was either a vibe 1200d or a vibe 1800d.
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/20/t/007206/p/1.html
And here are a bunch more most look the same so they have to be the same!
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
Quote:
Originally posted by boommerextreme:
http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/20/t/007206/p/1.html
And here are a bunch more most look the same so they have to be the same!
no offense or anything to soundstream or you...but soundstream is power acoustik...if they had a power acoustik 4000 would you doubt it being similar to the lazar?

i've seen results on 12 volts, and their not that diffrent at all...couple of hundred watts

on 16 volts however the soundstreams walk all over the lanzars

Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
I figured on 12 v they would be about the same being that the 6500 is power hungry. And the 4000 is going to be more eff. But HiFonics owns MBQ that doesnt mean the door speaker are the same. You know what I mean.
Quote 0 0
Mikey P
Well heres some info to anyone concerned

I have owned both the 1200d and 1800d and they are the same but the 1800 d has more sets of output caps and output banks along with more rfz142 ic's.

Ive never had any amp better then my 1200 D my 1800D obviously is more power but theres not too much difference between them except more output banks (HEXFETS) yeah mosfets are cd player output banks
doubt this will make sense to anyone but to me I can make easy sense because I had to repair 1/2 this 1800D before I could use it to its full potential

good day
Quote 0 0
Mikey P
my 1200 D was black and had 3 30 amp fuses
my 1800 D is silver and has 4 30 amp fuses

the 1800 D has more output banks and capacitors then the 1200 D

im just glad the IC was not fried for its internals, I was lucky. If you blow up the entire amp your out of luck without a schematic.
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
this is a really old post... tucked65 passed away like 2 yrs ago, when i opened this post i was like wtf
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by Boogie Woogie:
this is a really old post... tucked65 passed away like 2 yrs ago, when i opened this post i was like wtf
Wow thats creepy this post is from like 06. Weird man
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy