J Turtle
I saw a sale on the 12" Hifonics Hifi drivers on ebay for 2 for $60. Now my question is would it be worth it? I was thinking either a clamshell or 4th order BP on roughly 5k rms. For less than $500 in woofers this seems to be a decent plan. Would this setup in a Jeep Grand Cherokee be worth the time? Or could I do the same numbers easier with 2 18" RE MT's in a wall ported?

Thanks guys
Quote 0 0
WattsInaName
Do you have the amp(s), bats and wire to go along with this kinda setup?

Not to mention room for all the equipment and box.
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Be careful, there are a lot of scammers on Ebay.
Quote 0 0
J Turtle
I revised my thinking. And yes Watts I have all the equipment needed. 3 g31 batts. 250 amp alt. plenty of runs of power and grounds. I was thinking running 8 of the 12" hfi's in a 4th order band pass wall. thinkin about 8-9 cubes sealed section. and 20-22 cubes tuned to 43hz in the ported section. Off of about 2500 rms running daily loud and low. What do you think about this idea? Or would 2 decent 18's in a normal ported wall be louder and lower daily.
Quote 0 0
Come and get some
do a lot of subs move more air
Quote 0 0
J Turtle
Ok sounds good. But does my box idea sound legit?

Thanks guys
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
2 18's
Quote 0 0
J Turtle
Mr.Crowley what is your reasoning?
Thanks
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
Well, I've always thought it's better to have nice equipment compared to having a lot of mediocre stuff.

Here is my Jeep with two 15's powered by an American Bass XD1800:

It's a 6th order wall.

I just think two nice 18's or four 15's in a proper enclosure would still be awesome.
Quote 0 0
J Turtle
Quote:
Originally posted by MrCrowley:
Well, I've always thought it's better to have nice equipment compared to having a lot of mediocre stuff.

Here is my Jeep with two 15's powered by an American Bass XD1800:

It's a 6th order wall.

I just think two nice 18's or four 15's in a proper enclosure would still be awesome.
wow dude! thats intense for such low wattage. Which 15's are those? I have the same model Jeep GC as you. How good is your response from 20-80hz? Looks nasty in the lower frequncies.
I got a PM coming your way
Quote 0 0
john-hone
16 12s

Quote 0 0
J Turtle
nice man! Wish I had that kind of room
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy