MREZSTREET
I have a friend that has a 97 cavy and her girl friends boyfriend had a cd player he put in for pay on babysitting...then she calls me and said can you fix it...lol. Well dude cut the harness and twist n taped the wire...and when he did he ran it all time hot. Now her speedo don't work, and I know they (gm)have had lots of problems with the speedos in the cavys. Any fix or is it dead? The plug got tossed or I would have just reinstalled it. Its hard wired now and all fuses are good. And if its toast, oem or after market 4 replacement? I would have told any 1 that came 2 me that I wouldn't toutch it, but she's like my lil sis...( You would think she would have listent to me...)
Quote 0 0
Aaron Bryant
id start out by going to a junk yard and getting a plug for it then see where that takes you
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
update. I swapped this car for a install. got another cluster...installed, and car wouldnt start. put old one in and it started. next day speedo worked. i installed factory plug for stereo from same car in junkyard...if i plug in cd player car wont start....but cd player works fine...think i read something about a theft system restart....no tunes in my own car, but speedo works
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy