Wayne Harris Show full post »
DG-Technologies Dieter

Do you believe it will be a problem if NL vehicles are limited to 2K (as in your example above)? If so, what do you feel will be the primary problem?

Wayne,

1/ some amps can't be clamped (they are put in NL anyway because of this)
2/ NL has multiple amps most of the time. Clamping only allows 2 conductors.
3/ NL cars most of the time have absolutely no clue what HU volume/preset is 2K, they are only interested in their max spl.
Quote 1 0
Wayne Harris
Welcome Dieter,

You make some good points. Maybe he is going to run NL with Super Street. Or, maybe there needs to be a complete re-thinking of how we can offer fewer classes at some local events. Let us know if you have some more ideas. Have a great weekend.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
DubaR
Welcome Dieter,
maybe there needs to be a complete re-thinking of how we can offer fewer classes at some local events.

Running a pro stock no limit with super street would not be anywhere close to fair, could eliminate the 2 conductor rule from all classes except stock? Or make pro stock something like 4 amplifier maximum and use the 2x3x4x that is built into the software for power readings? 

This is kind of a tuff situation to make work it is doable with changes but really needs thought out to a fair and reasonable value, a trunk car is handicap to a hatchback but allows for some modifications that no other pro stock class allows, NW rules dont apply to wall classes, clamping dont exist to half the battlefield. Realistically in order to do this the entire system would need re-thinking and this may in the end, end up driving competition away by closing the amout of awards given out. I personally dont like handing out 50ish certificates although everyone including my self love to have a framed record of the score dont matter if it is 1st 3rd or 6th it is heavy on the pocket per show $50 in frames & $50 in ink at my last show.
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
DubaR wrote:

Running a pro stock no limit with super street would not be anywhere close to fair, could eliminate the 2 conductor rule from all classes except stock? Or make pro stock something like 4 amplifier maximum and use the 2x3x4x that is built into the software for power readings? 

This is kind of a tuff situation to make work it is doable with changes but really needs thought out to a fair and reasonable value, a trunk car is handicap to a hatchback but allows for some modifications that no other pro stock class allows, NW rules dont apply to wall classes, clamping dont exist to half the battlefield. Realistically in order to do this the entire system would need re-thinking and this may in the end, end up driving competition away by closing the amout of awards given out. I personally dont like handing out 50ish certificates although everyone including my self love to have a framed record of the score dont matter if it is 1st 3rd or 6th it is heavy on the pocket per show $50 in frames & $50 in ink at my last show.

$100 for just certificates. Seems a bit much. I have a nice color laser jet that does maybe 15-20 sheets a minute. Uses toner cartridges and I can get all four for $100-120. They usually last thru 5 shows minimum. And that also includes some personal use at home. 
Quote 0 0
DubaR

$100 for just certificates. Seems a bit much. I have a nice color laser jet that does maybe 15-20 sheets a minute. Uses toner cartridges and I can get all four for $100-120. They usually last thru 5 shows minimum. And that also includes some personal use at home. 

I'm looking into a different printer now to see if I can get more out of a little  better one but even at that my last show was 53 or so entrys that is $53 in dollar tree frames and at your $100 to $120 for 5 shows that is $20 to $25 a show so $73 to $78 as to $100 not far off really.
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
DubaR wrote:

I'm looking into a different printer now to see if I can get more out of a little  better one but even at that my last show was 53 or so entrys that is $53 in dollar tree frames and at your $100 to $120 for 5 shows that is $20 to $25 a show so $73 to $78 as to $100 not far off really.

You also have to add in the personal use i have used it at home.  And i think i have only swapped out 2 of the 4 cartridges again. It might be better than that.  But if your just doing certificate why are u framing them.  Buy a higher quality paper and be good with it.  I used to think frames was the way to go, but its just more of something to get in the way and get thrown out.  I keep all my certificates together.  They fit much better in a binder or folder.  people can choose to display the ones they want to.
Quote 0 0
DubaR

You also have to add in the personal use i have used it at home.  And i think i have only swapped out 2 of the 4 cartridges again. It might be better than that.  But if your just doing certificate why are u framing them.  Buy a higher quality paper and be good with it.  I used to think frames was the way to go, but its just more of something to get in the way and get thrown out.  I keep all my certificates together.  They fit much better in a binder or folder.  people can choose to display the ones they want to.

I'll look into this, it is what I've always seen at show so I was just running with the crowd. Last year was my first year judging I've always been a competitor my multipoint judge moved 300 miles away and that year we had 1 show so I steped up to fill the void as I had my own personal test equipment. Thank you for the tip's. 
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
DubaR wrote:

I'll look into this, it is what I've always seen at show so I was just running with the crowd. Last year was my first year judging I've always been a competitor my multipoint judge moved 300 miles away and that year we had 1 show so I steped up to fill the void as I had my own personal test equipment. Thank you for the tip's. 

I will sometimes only offer a points only show. Saves on entry fees and saves me hassle of having to do awards. 
Quote 0 0
DubaR

I will sometimes only offer a points only show. Saves on entry fees and saves me hassle of having to do awards. 

I am definitely going to do that this year as well to gather needed points for finals in my area. No awards no demos. I've been charging cheap fees as is to get guys involved and learn I've noticed people dont enter show at 20 to 30 a class if there not going to win, but you cant win if you dont play. I've been doing $15 1 $10 2 and 3 or $40 all 4 and my entrie amount is usually really high my sponsors pays for certs/trophies.
Quote 0 0
Grant Stapleton dBDRA Australia
sorry forgive my "newbie" take on this topic but I read it as run all classes but only present trophies for these classes. I mean the winners in each class will still get there points and you can still print certificates for 1st 2nd and 3rd it just cuts down on trophies for 1x events. Ok I have reread the thread..this is still an option for trophies when it comes to finances.
Quote 0 0
auto argoncilhe
Well, you know that you are changing classes and eliminating everything new with the modifications of the categories ... for me they are killing the DB WORLD DRAG. I am a competitor and lover of the db drag but with so many changes every year I think to give up because to do a project to compete and during the year does not save that class or change all its rules just thinking about money and not thinking about lovers of db drag as before ...
Quote 0 0
auto argoncilhe
I love the DB DRAG .. I AM A COMPETITOR SREET C SINCE 2010 THAT MY PROJECT IS ALREADY CONTAMINATING MODIFICATIONS FOR MONEY AND I DO NOT THINK COMPETITORS WHO THROUGHOUT THE YEARS SPENT FORTUNES TO MOUNT A PROJECT TO DEMONSTRATE THEIR WORK. .. NOW YOU WANT TO GET TOGETHER THE CATAGORIES FOR A BETTER YIELD OF MONEY BECAUSE FOR ME YOU ARE KILLING THE WORLD OF THE WORLD AUDIO CAR AND THE LOVERS OF THE DB DRAG WELL, THAT'S MY OPINION FROM PORTUGAL A GREETING
Quote 0 0
auto argoncilhe
YO adoro el DB DRAG ..YO SOY  TEAM DD CHUCKY COMPETIDOR SREET C DESDE 2010 QUE YA MI PROJECTO ES BASURA CONTANTAS MODIFICACIONJES POR CAUSA DE DINERO Y NO PIENSAN EN LOS COMPETIDORES QUE A LO LARGO DE LOS ANOS GASTARON FORTUNAS A MONTAR UN PROJECTO PARA DEMOSTRA SU TRABAJO...AHORA QUIEREN JUNTAR TOSDAS LAS CATAGORIAS PARA UN MEJOR RENDIMINTO DE DINERO PUES PARA MI USTEDES ESTAN MATANDO EL MUNDO DEL CAR AUDIO MUNDIAL Y LOS AMANTES DEL DB DRAG

BUENO ESA ES MI OPINION
DESDE PORTUGAL
UN SALUDO
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy