nickword 1 Show full post »
pimpin at my house
blueprint was a brand name that had a few subs. pre re...
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
I wouldn't trade those for the xxx unless your looking to resell it and make money. The 10's are going to get much louder, but they probably won't sound as good or play the lows the way the xxx will. I guess it's all up to you on what your looking to do. If your planning on high spl at all stick with the 10's and build a small ported box for them with 3K+ watts of power and 150's shouldn't be too hard to reach.
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
hehe its been a couple of days since i talked to him and he jsut called me right now asking me lets trade there must be a reason why he wants them so much i guess i got something really special in these 10s. ok i understand you said a small ported twin box.. is this 1 good ?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/1937221785.html

he said he would let me get the box alone for 100. also i noticed you said i need to get a 3000 watt rms amp...

ok my question is can i run these 2 subwoofers off a 1 ch mono block amp maybe on a amp like this... http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=J9e&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&q=hifonics+amp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9426360777319388989&ei=11qMTM3JFoWcsQPd3fSaBA&s a=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAQ#

thats 2600 watts rms @ 1 ohm. but its only 1 channel i figure if i get a 3 cap yellow battery and rn some 0 gage it would work pretty good right ???
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
In a box I would not run a slot port, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure that several others will agree with me though. For those 10's and spl I'd suggest a 1.5-2 cube enclosure with either a single 6" or maybe even an 8" flared port.

As far as the amp I don't really care for the brand and I'm not sure your going to get clean power out of it in the range that I suggested. I would look around and try to find something like a Sundown saz2000d used or even a used saz3000d. Either of those amps will be better thermally, protection wise, and will more than likely last much longer.
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
hey thanks for all the info buddy i really highly appreciate it.

well i emailed re audio and sent them pics of the woofers and asked them whats the rms on them and the wiring diagram. greg carolus emailed me back and this is what he said.

Those are destroyer 10
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
WELL I GOT A HOLD OF SCOTT AND THIS IS WHAT HE HAD TO SAY ABOUT THEM.

Hmmm.... the only ones I can think of like that where from and old friend, Jon, back in California. Rare to see an HC 10". They are definitely not Destroyers as those are 4" coils and I had nothing to do with those terrible things outside of sat on the overstock motors for several years before they got clearanced.

Not sure why there is such a following for the Destroyers, as they do what the name implies... destroy themselves. One of the only subs I didn't design when I owned RE and it shows. They simply do not work with the 4" coil and 8" spider. Needed totally different parts.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks,
Scott
Fi Car Audio
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy