Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Why are there 2 different wall definitions in the 2012 rules?

The dBDRA defines a speaker wall as any subwoofer enclosure and / or baffle board that exceeds the height of an imaginary plane that stretches horizontally from the lowermost point of the window opening in the driver's door (where the side window enters the door frame) to the lowermost point of the window opening in the passenger's door on the opposite side of the vehicle.
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
AND section 15: definitions

Wall - The dBDRA defines a speaker wall as any subwoofer enclosure and / or baffle board that meets one or more of the following conditions...
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
This damn forum is making me nuts! Suddenly olmost my whole post disapeared...
Well you get the message...
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
hahaha, Dieter is gettung crazy...

The definition in Section 15 is the new one.. Someone forgot to take the old one in 6.5 out or forgot to change...
Sorry for confusing

Regards
Mike
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
AssaltoFRONTALE
dB Drag Feldjaeger wrote:
hahaha, Dieter is gettung crazy...

The definition in Section 15 is the new one.. Someone forgot to take the old one in 6.5 out or forgot to change...
Sorry for confusing

Regards
Mike

This rule is applied of course also for street A and B cars?
I mean no more check with string or wire among screws in the trunk for Panda and Marbella?
Thanks.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Exactly
[37309a0]

Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
??????Does this mean that in these classes we can build higher boxes?Boxes that exceed the cargo area?!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
yes, but still you have to look on this:
Wall - The dBDRA defines a speaker wall as any subwoofer enclosure and / or baffle board that meets one or more of the following conditions...

•Enclosures that are greater than 30 inches (76.2 cm) in height.
-- you can build up to 76.2 cm

•Any installation which results in a vertical clearance between the top of the enclosure and the headliner of 13 inches (33 cm) or less. (This clearance requirment also applies to any equipment which may be mounted to the enclosure.)
-- your box and all installed equipment has to be 33 cm away from the headliner (or less)

Wall Test - The judge shall use a mic jig (or other appropriate measuring device) to verfiy a vertical clearance of 13 inches (33 cm) exists everywhere between the top of the enclosure (and any equipment attached to the enclosure) and the headliner. The judge will then verify (if necessary) the height of the enclosure to insure that it is less than 30 inches (76.2 cm) in height.

Regards
Mike
[37309a0]

Quote 0 0
Michal Dziobkowski
I just had my first tournament with new Wall rule apply and I have to say that we need to specify how we're gone measure it in cars which headliners ends before the line of box (cars like coupe) example Celika? Basically what if above the box we don't have headliner but back window or only rubber end of the headliner which is lower that headliner?
Quote 0 0
stang em
I hear that. Its almost like u get penalized for having a hatchback now. When I read the rules I took it as as long as my box is 13inches from headliner that I can build taller box. But now I'm hearing that subs r too close to glass and whatnot. Which I aint complaining about but just trying to see what class I need to be in. Last thing I want is to have to be in ss1-2 because I have a hatch. I dont like going against real walls and stuff just because my car has a slanted glass hatch. If thats the case then I should solely do bass race. Because with all the rule changes that have happened from last yr to this yr bass race rules havent really been affected.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
i was just looking through the rules, and found that the old wall rule was still in them...

so, are we meant to follow the old rule? or the new rule?

why hasn't the old rule been removed yet? (still)

I take it this isn't a wall? as the subs aren't below the roof liner, they're below the rear window.

Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan

Enclosures that are greater than 30 inches (76.2 cm) in height.
Any installation which results in a vertical clearance between the top of the enclosure and the headliner of 13 inches (33 cm) or less. (THIS CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT ALSO APPLIES TO ANY EQUIPMENT WHICH MAY BE MOUNTED TO THE ENCLOSURE.)

Wall Test - The judge shall use a mic jig (or other appropriate measuring device) to verfiy a vertical clearance of 13 inches (33 cm) exists everywhere between the top of the enclosure (and any equipment attached to the enclosure) and the headliner. The judge will then verify (if necessary) the height of the enclosure to insure that it is less than 30 inches (76.2 cm) in height.

Adittionally in street classes (St A and B) the normal use of the vehicle must be maintained.

So, in other words if you are competing in Street B (assuming that you are using 2-15 inch and 2 800 cu in batts) you cannot exceed the window line...
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
thanosdbfan wrote:

Enclosures that are greater than 30 inches (76.2 cm) in height.
Any installation which results in a vertical clearance between the top of the enclosure and the headliner of 13 inches (33 cm) or less. (THIS CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT ALSO APPLIES TO ANY EQUIPMENT WHICH MAY BE MOUNTED TO THE ENCLOSURE.)

Adittionally in street classes (St A and B) the normal use of the vehicle must be maintained.

So, in other words if you are competing in Street B (assuming that you are using 2-15 inch and 2 800 cu in batts) you cannot exceed the window line...

I really don't see why you are linking the normal use of a vehicle at the windowline??
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
wow, thats a very creative interpretation of the rules! lol
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
No interpretation whatsoever....Check rule 3-10c.

"Nothing in the sound system may interfere with the normal use and / or operation of the vehicle. "

The cargo area is defined by the windowline...It has always been this way...

@ Ammojamo:You may laugh as much as you like if it gives you any pleasure...I wouldn't care any less.
Just don't expect people who are trying to help to give you an OK when you feel like it...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy