Xcaliber
well guys i have a 92 full size 2 door blazer/tahoe. i figured that as it has less airspace it would be louder than a 4 door tahoe. i guess i was wrong. ive tried over 15 different setups and tons of boxes and get get what im looking for. currently im running 4 sundown 15's on 2 m3a's and im only hitting 150.9 on tl. i have figured out that the box needs to be further back from doors around 13 inches or so. but i just dont get it. this setup should be doing 53's. any body with help would be more than great.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
have you tried subs up and ports back? areo ports? what kind of box volume have you tried?
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
I have a 93 Blazer. My question to you is, how do you know what number it should be doing?
Most SUVs like sub up port back.
I would position the box 4" from the rear hatch.
That worked best in my Navi.
Quote 0 0
Xcaliber
well with 2 9515's on a aq 3500 subs up center port back i did a 150.5. my buddy did 152.6 in his 4 door. i tried subs up center port, and bottom port and were both lower than the center port. also box was loudest 13 inches from back .
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Maybe your box wasn't big enough? My Navi box was 10^3 with 2 Solo X 18s and technically it wasn't big enough but it worked out OK.
Quote 0 0
Xcaliber
well like i say i tried smaller boxes and bigger boxes but none were as loud as that setup . im looking advice more along the lines of positioning of box, port size, and best woofer applications [ subs up port back, etc.}}}
. and i would like to have peope with experienced test results . thanks
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
message "the repo man" on here, he ran a 2 dr a couple years ago in no wall. Had 4 15's and like 2 dd z1's, did 54's at like 32 hz
Quote 0 0
Team Nemesis Mike
Nick u almost doubled power and doubled cone area and only gained .4 there something wrong for sure .. First of all that box caculator on the12volt is off if Im not mistaken. I'll design u a box hahaha
Quote 0 0
TEAM BANGHARD
How much box an port do you currently have?
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Well try this and it should help you a good bit! drop down to two subs and do subs back port back port on drivers side 12" off he back strapp the amps in the dirt! And tune the box to 42Hz and it will be loud! That truck peaks at 47Hz! That's only going to be good for burps so becareful! And have fun!
Quote 0 0
SPL KID
Hmm i'm a little late on this BUT.... U have no deadning what so ever i'm guessing from see the truck in action. That would be a good start panel reinforcement to stop cancelation. And for 2 of those amps you need a very good battery bank minimum of 2 batt per amp for a total of 4. And your forgetting to mention the score is on music and not burps and it's being metered from the center of the dash and not dB Drag style.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy