kickeram
Ok I am installing 2 Solox 18" subs in my 1994 Dodge Ram Regular Cab Truck. I am planned on doing a full cuthrough into the bed. I have built alot of boxes and have alot of general knowledge on stuff like this but I have never done anything like this before I was wanting some advice from someone who has done this sort of thing. Any help would be useful. I am doing a complete competition setup. Like I said any help would be great thanks.............!!!!!
Quote 0 0
kickerkx1200
just make sure you leave at least 1/2" lip all the way around to press on accoridan boot. you can buy the boot at any place that sells camper shells 5.00 to 7.00 a foot. MAKE SURE YOU ROUND THE CORNERS, you can use a coffee can to scribe a line. also use silicon or glue in the groove on the boot so that when u press it on it seals. use one piece and join the ends at the bottom in the center, overlap the center section of the boot and glue it together. hope this helps
Quote 0 0
kickeram
Thanks for the help man I think or should I say I hope I have the sealing part down. My biggest concern is that I have concerns as far as structural integrity goes and has anybody ever had problems with this? Thansk for the input.
Quote 0 0
kickerkx1200
No probs with mine. my truck is a 2000 f-150 ex. cab. no experence with dodges though. mine has been cut out now for about 4 years. but it looks like you are going to have alot more equipment than i do. i have 4 comp vr 12s in a 14cf box tuned to 36hz. it does 143.6 leagl on new sensor at 37hz.

[ 11-20-2006, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: kickerkx1200 ]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy