Mike_465
Ok, I started the build about three weeks ago and I was not going to post the build but all of my friends told me that I need to. With that said, the build is jumpy. I took pics at the start of the build and what I have done now. I still have some work let on it but here is what I have.

Ok, here is my power plant, two Rockford T4000.1 BD's Straped. Behind the amps I have 5 kinetik HC2400's

This was the last setup I had in the car. One 18" RE Audio MT in a 9 cubic foot box with 155 square inches of port tuned at 35HZ. At the time I was only running one Rockford T4000.1BD on the sub.

I had that setup for about three months and I have been itchen to build a wall for some time so after I snaped the tensil leads in the MT I desided to go for a wall.

Here is the beginning of the build

Quote 0 0
Mike_465
After three weeks here is where I am at today.

The Box is 18 cubic feet with 300 square inches of port tuned to 40HZ. I'm going to be using 4 15" Fi BTL's fully loaded

To make the box very strong I have laid 5 layers of glass inside the box and I will be putting a layer of bondo over that.

As you can see from the last picture I have to fill in the gap at the top of the port. I still have to glass the roof of the box and the port. My subs will be here tomorrow, so I am hoping to be done glassing the box tonight. Tomorrow I will bondo the inside and sand it down till is is very smooth. Then I will paint the inside and build a vanity panel around the box. I'll keep more pics coming as I get stuff done on it
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
Looks good. Since your wall is a good distance away from the b pillar, you could staple some fleece to the box and stretch it to the rubber gasket on the door. Then go crazy with the glass and mat on it.
Quote 0 0
Mike_465
I thought about doing that, but I have already spent $250.00 in just the glass in the box. I think I am going to do MDF Baffles
Quote 0 0
Oldbass38
Gorgeous!! You are doing a fantastic job! Looking forward to hearing it Sunday.
Quote 0 0
Oldbass38
BTW....I posted a link to your install on Car show thread on the CA forum...Here is a link to where you can find that thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4923345#post4923345

You should come over there and post this too!
Quote 0 0
Mike_465
Cool man
Quote 0 0
Wanna-B-Basshead
oh the things we do to cars... LOVE IT!
Quote 0 0
nice
Should be really loud.
Quote 0 0
Mike_465
Yeah, I still have some work to do. Its been slow but its almost done.
Quote 0 0
Oldbass38
Update please
Quote 0 0
Mike_465
Yeah sorry for the delays. I have been so busy the past few weeks to where I have not had time to work on it. I have the entire weekend off so I'm hoping to finnish the box.
Quote 0 0
Been Jamin
Looks good!
Quote 0 0
mhart
very nice!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy