Scro
I installed a head unit in my 2000 Accord, and now my instrument panel lights don't work. I know it's getting power, because everything works except the lights. Any ideas?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
did you hook up any dimmer or illumination wires when doing the radio?

what kind of radio did you install? and what brand of harness adapter did you use?
Quote 0 0
Scro
I didn't hook up any dimmer or illumination wires. There were some coming out of the back of headunit, but I didn't hook them up to anything. It's a JVC CD player. I'm not sure on the brand of harness. It's been a while since I've installed a CD player, but the harness seemed awful cheap that the radio shop gave me.
Quote 0 0
Scro
I'll also add that I checked all fuses, and they're good.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
it may sound dumb, but check you dimmer switch on the dash
Quote 0 0
Scro
Yep, that was the first thing I checked.
Quote 0 0
Scro
I've never hooked up the illumination/dimmer wires when installing CD players, but could that wire complete a circuit on this car?
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Check the #9 fuse in the drivers uder dash fuse box and the #10 fuse in the passengers side under dash fuse box.
Quote 0 0
Scro
Yep, checked fuses passenger side, driver side, and under the hood. All are good.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
is it just the instrument cluster or ALL the dash lights?
Quote 0 0
Scro
It was just the gauge lights. Turns out the dimmer wire coming out of the factory harness needed to be grounded. The dimmer knob doesn't work now, but atleast the lights are on.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy