QuietB4TheStorm
Did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I have had problems getting my Sierra to sound decent sub-wise (sound, not SPL). I need my back seat, so as you know, I have very little room to work with.

I have tried sealed front and down firing and I've also tried ported in about every way imaginable. Every box I've put in there is peaky and tuned too high.

I am going to start fresh and am asking for suggestions. What subs (10's or 12's) and what type of box config. would you suggest? If ported, sub and port direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
I have a 98 chevy ext cab, and here's what I did...I have a sealed box, behind the seat. The back wall is not mdf, it is just the back wall of the cab, and the shell of the box is fiberglassed to it. I run 4 Crossfire DB3 10's and a 1000d. It isnt the greatest sounding setup ever, but I am pretty happy with it, all things considered.
Quote 0 0
QuietB4TheStorm
Cool. Ok. Which direction do you have the subs firing? Does it pick up the lows decent? Thanks for the quick response. Any other suggestions?
Quote 0 0
QuietB4TheStorm
BTTT

I have heard that firing subs up torwards the bottom of the seat is the best for getting lower frequencies. Has anybody tried this?
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
do like clint did and get a tonuea bed cover and join the bed and cab and fill up the bed with a giant box. clint kept his backseat and you can't tell he has subs until he raises his bed cover, it makes the bose in his doors look good. lol
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
I have the subs firing forward in my truck. They dont play too low, but if you expect 10's to play low, you have lost your mind. You can fit 12's if you massage the back wall of the cab a tad though.
Quote 0 0
QuietB4TheStorm
If you get the right box, you can make 10's low I looked at an upfiring box for two L7 10's that has .98 cubes per side. Might try this one.
Quote 0 0
ddrex
well i dont know how it will sound, but after usaci finals i will start on my 04 silverado, was going to do 4 10" IDQ's firing up with the bottom of the box fiberglass. im going to put 2 HCCA 225's on the back wall behind the seat for the subs, then im going to put a 3rd 225 up front inder the big center console to run a pair of HCCA 5" componets, im just going to use the factory 6 disc cd player, and an audiocontrol converter to get my rca's
Quote 0 0
b2sdad
i have an 2006 nissan titan crew cab....keep the enclosure ideas coming!
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Quote:
Originally posted by QuietB4TheStorm:
If you get the right box, you can make 10's low I looked at an upfiring box for two L7 10's that has .98 cubes per side. Might try this one.
to a point, yes, but not in the box volume that I have...
Quote 0 0
Joakwin
make some seat blocks so that u can lift the seat up how ever much u want
then u can have more room under the seat for more air space

go to fullsizechevy.com, theirs a guy their that makes the blocks or u can make them urself out or some 2x2 sq or a 1.5 sq, out of metal with new bolts

i have a 2000 sierra ext cab, my box i have in their right now is 4.3 cubes after ported tuned to 30hz, the box is a "L" shape, it comes out from under the seat on the passager side, since i have a 18in sub their it has to.
im pushing 1800watts to it
im about to rebuild my box to get alittle more air space out of it and i want to tune a hair higher this time around

i still have my seat it because i put stuff on it, i would like to take the seat out and go for 2 18's but maybe down the road i will when i have the $$

peace
Quote 0 0
mtxbird
in my 05 dakota the way it sounded best.was firing the subs and port up.ive tryed a few boxes the next one will be subs forward port up and then im gonna try it the other way.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i have heard downfiring is best for a truck...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy