Tinted
So, with this --> http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=206 in mind, and IASCA happening at the same place I am intersted in knowing what the logistic plans are like for the weekend?

is there a day/time schedule of what runs take place in which lanes?

In our efforts (TEAM CTSOUNDZ) to support all orgs and formats we are planing to participate in db drag finals, db drag 3x and iasca 3x.

I would hate to see this event be a confusing cluster funk with competitors missing their turns (not because they are not paying attention but b/c they are running in another lane/org/format).

Before anyone starts bitching me out think about this....

Db Drag Finals + Bass Race
Db Drag 3x + Bass Race
IASCA 3x + Bass Boxing

if you do the math, that's atleast 4 separate times someone would have to do atleast 1 run......now if you have that same person advancing it quickly turns into 8 runs, 12 runs and so on.......

after hearing some of the horror stories that happened last year in Florida I hope everything is pre planned and considered for the upcoming finals weekend.

will there be a posted schedule?

will we be parking by class? by format? hope the parking situation is organized well.

What I would suggest is we put names/team names to each stall/parking spot. This way judges know who's parked where and if a competitors car is not in its spot this way a judge knows that this particular competitor is doing a run somewhere else (and i dont mean a run to burger king).

[ 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Tinted ]
Quote 0 0
ESP Challenge
do you think stalls should be assigned? if so, by class or some other way perhaps
Quote 0 0
ESP Challenge
I'm sure Wayne is working on the logistics as we speak. I have no doubt that just like last year, that the Ohio venue won't have many issues and will run smoothly but with hopes that all the venues go just as well.
Quote 0 0
Tinted
assigning stalls might be a good idea. this way you know if someone's car is not there then they are probably in a lane somewhere....

by class and/or name is probably best.
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Keep in mind that Iasca doesn't do brackets like dB Drag. You do your Iasca IDBL spl run & that's it. No eliminations. For Iasca Bass Boxing only the top two need to run again (3 times each).

It does happen where a competitor is needed in multiple places at once but it is a rarity. Happened to my brother 2 years ago where he was competing in Bass Boxing lanes (top 2 going head to head for 3 rounds) while getting called to the lanes for Bass Race eliminations. Last year the times for the different eliminations were offset enough that I don't believe we had this problem at all.

In case ya'll haven't heard yet, it's been announced that dB Drag and Iasca will be indoors together at the Daytona location.
Quote 0 0
Tinted
Quote:
Originally posted by Derrick824:
Keep in mind that Iasca doesn't do brackets like dB Drag. You do your Iasca IDBL spl run & that's it. No eliminations. For Iasca Bass Boxing only the top two need to run again (3 times each).

It does happen where a competitor is needed in multiple places at once but it is a rarity. Happened to my brother 2 years ago where he was competing in Bass Boxing lanes (top 2 going head to head for 3 rounds) while getting called to the lanes for Bass Race eliminations. Last year the times for the different eliminations were offset enough that I don't believe we had this problem at all.

In case ya'll haven't heard yet, it's been announced that dB Drag and Iasca will be indoors together at the Daytona location.
i dont get your post. you did not offer a solution nor made any valid points.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
Yuli, we already have our building mapped out for parking and how things are going to run. We have our times set. We have to get with db drag about times and we will be posting this week our schedule. It will work out fine.
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinted:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Derrick824:

i dont get your post. you did not offer a solution nor made any valid points.
Since Iasca doesn't do brackets like dB Drag once your Iasca IDBL "qualifying" is done then that's it, your done with Iasca IDBL. You will not need to run anymore in the Iasca lanes unless you are Bass Boxing and have made top 2 in your class. To solve any conflicts the judges simply need to offset the Bass Boxing final rounds with dB Drag eliminations. This shows the only scenario in which someone would need to be in two places at once and the solution to not have that happen.
Quote 0 0
Tinted
Derrik yah I read what you are saying and i know how iasca works. and yes, it is basic logic to have the times off set. BUT how many times have we seen this logic fail and people end up missing their runs or hold up the show b/c of bad planing or failed plan all together?

the plan needs to allow for moving the car, re-setting everything and possibly charging.

I'm trying to avoid a situation where a competitor would get punished for missing a run while they are doing a run somewhere else.

i know the logic looks solid on paper but you gotta keep in mind that....

1. it all has to happen in a given time frame (dont have 24 hour clock to do all this),

2. there is no PA system of any kind that can be used to announce runs (now imagine running around looking for a car or a competitor if you are a judge),

3. then you can throw in all the technical hic ups (and yes those will happen, they happen EVERY time) associated with running multiple lanes and multiple locations which go head to head (all US locations operate as a single event)with Cali location behind 3 time zones behind.

here is a quick scenario.......

a cali competitor and OH competitor have to go head to head.....OH competitor sets up but cali competitor is not in the lane......maybe he or she is rolling up into IASCA lanes......now if you also consider the 3 hour time difference (based on experience) i can tell you that OH will be fully set up and in Cali they will be running around trying to sort everything out cuz everyone just got there.

Now you have the OH competitor sit in the lane for good 15 minutes until a judge says ok screw this let's run another pair of competitors......

you see where i'm going. this is all based on my past experiences with finals where more than one org was present at once and/or where multiple locations had people go head to head. these are not hypothetical issues and scenarios, this has happened before over and over again.
Quote 0 0
Denise(Shelly)Varmatos
Sooooo I have to sign up for this forum
(which I dislike forums ugh nothing but keyboard commandos sorry truth Lol)

Just to come on here cause Yuli is upset Yes Yuli Moe & others have warned me

Why are you freaking out over how things are to be run?? I have personally judged over hell 500+ IASCA & Drag shows side by side for years. Have you never attended an event where there was more than one organization? Hell SBN has 3 orgs EVERY year I've worked to many of those to count. I was head judge last year and have worked many others including Nopi nationals etc.It is not that difficult. I promise this ain't my 1st rodeo.

Yes We are in separate buildings. That's not an issue either. I have set things up on the IASCA side where competitors have at least 7hrs to do whatever runs they have signed up for. I can IF needed add or subtract time to that. I specifically did things that way to insure NOBODY would be screwed. If any competitor can't do all their runs in that amount of time then that is not my fault. If I need to change the time for the 3x event Bass Boxing finals to accomindate Bass race eliminations I can I left an allowance for that. I want to make sure both Drag and IASCA competitors have a great time plus The IASCA schedule is flexible to a point with the exception of we have the building for one day only. IASCA has 17 registered for Ohio event so far even if 40 registered I can run that with my eyes closed.

Having multiple org at one single event is not a huge deal. What is does take is some teamwork and YOU as the competitor to not wait until the last minute to do your runs & keep track of what you need to do. Us judges can't hold everyone's hand.

As for your post on the other thread about working together or something I'm about to go post a reply there too. Lol
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy