CookieMonster Show full post »
basshead69
Quote:
Originally posted by LLKOOLJR:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by basshead69:
I would like to see mid fifties with an spl only setup. I would love to put a wall in the KIA, but I think I can achieve that goal with a good spl only enclosure and about 6000 watts of power.
Gotta cuzzn that lives in Richmond Va. with a KIA like yours he got 6 DD12's in a wall........... 2 hifonic 5k on them, man it will take all the air out of your lungs and put it back! You would love a wall in that KIA....trust me bruh!!!!!!!!!!
Believe me, if my wife would let me, there would either be a 4th order or a 6th order band pass with at least 6 12's in my KIA. I still think I can do mid fifties with an spl only enclosure. The only drawback is I won't be able to play music with that setup.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
I would like to see mid fifties with an spl only setup. I would love to put a wall in the KIA, but I think I can achieve that goal with a good spl only enclosure and about 6000 watts of power.
Danny, if you built the box that you have now to the specs that I gave you it is a spl only enclosure. It's not ment to play music at all. Tuned to the high 40's and should be peaking in the 50's is far from a daily enclosure. You saw the number it did in my car and that wasn't even the full potential of the box. I never once cut the ports down that I had to raise the frequency any, I just left them at the length they are now because it was good enough to be louder then anyone ever had before.

If I had tuned to the ports to peak where my vehicle peaks at I would guess mid 155's or even a possible 156. Sorry if I'm taking a bit of offense to you saying that the box you have is not a spl box, but it actually is built for that and that alone. If it's not doing what it needs to in your vehicle I told you I have the box sitting in my garage and you can come and get it. That way you know it's the exact same one that I used instead of another one built to spec or close to it. Also the fact that the box that I have is built out of birch is going to make a difference.
Quote 0 0
LLKOOLJR
Quote:
Originally posted by THE-SCRAPER:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LLKOOLJR:
Quote:
quote:
Gotta cuzzn that lives in Richmond Va. with a KIA like yours he got 6 DD12's in a wall........... 2 hifonic 5k on them, man it will take all the air out of your lungs and put it back! You would love a wall in that KIA....trust me bruh!!!!!!!!!!
does he compete?
He just does local shows around richmond and the lower areas of VA... We were talking about you the other day cause he thaught you were in Maryland and I remembered DC? You probably remember his red xtreme truck when he ran all PPI? He met you a while back (2000) when i came home on leave for our brothers funeral in DC. He grew up in Dc and I grew up in Baltimore by the old ball stadium.
Quote 0 0
LLKOOLJR
Believe me, if my wife would let me, there would either be a 4th order or a 6th order band pass with at least 6 12's in my KIA. I still think I can do mid fifties with an spl only enclosure. The only drawback is I won't be able to play music with that setup.

I understand that bruh, sometimes i feel like have spent more than a guy building a dragster...lol Its the passion for the SPL that keeps most of us going though not to mention spouse support
Quote 0 0
LLKOOLJR

does he compete?

He just does local shows around richmond and the lower areas of VA... We were talking about you the other day cause he thaught you were in Maryland and I remembered DC? You probably remember his red xtreme truck when he ran all PPI? He met you a while back (2000) when i came home on leave for our brothers funeral in DC. He grew up in Dc and I grew up in Baltimore by the old ball stadium.
Quote 0 0
basshead69
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightshade:
Quote:
quote:
Danny, if you built the box that you have now to the specs that I gave you it is a spl only enclosure. It's not ment to play music at all. Tuned to the high 40's and should be peaking in the 50's is far from a daily enclosure. You saw the number it did in my car and that wasn't even the full potential of the box. I never once cut the ports down that I had to raise the frequency any, I just left them at the length they are now because it was good enough to be louder then anyone ever had before.

If I had tuned to the ports to peak where my vehicle peaks at I would guess mid 155's or even a possible 156. Sorry if I'm taking a bit of offense to you saying that the box you have is not a spl box, but it actually is built for that and that alone. If it's not doing what it needs to in your vehicle I told you I have the box sitting in my garage and you can come and get it. That way you know it's the exact same one that I used instead of another one built to spec or close to it. Also the fact that the box that I have is built out of birch is going to make a difference.
Zach, the box is built exactly to your specs, I just put a plug in the back port to bring the tuning down for daily. Unfortunately there is something wrong with one of my Nightshades. The coils are reading fine and there is no physical damage that I can see, but it is making a noise that sounds exactly like a blown subwoofer. I sent Jacob and e-mail and am awaiting a reply from him. The ports are still the same size. Foil tape will definitely not hold with all of that pressure in there. I finally used Gorilla Tape for the seams. I technically broke my world record, but was officially over by 126 watts. I just may take you up on coming to get that box. Mdf just does not hold together as well. I have SAZ-2500D's now and they are so sensitive on power. That is why I am going to be competing in Truck/SUV 3601 and up next year. I need to be doing mid fifties to be competitive though. I am surprised that no one has broken my record yet. I wish it did not have to renew each year. I would like to see somebody break it and stay under 3600 watts. I did it with less than 3200 watts and have not been able to break it yet.
Quote 0 0
Conclusive
Quote:
Foil tape will definitely not hold with all of that pressure in there. I finally used Gorilla Tape for the seams.

Mdf just does not hold together as well.
MDF holds together just fine assuming it's constructed properly.
Quote 0 0
astrolade
I wanna bring a nspl event to georgia so i dont have to drive my trunk 0-1800 car too far.
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by astrolade:
I wanna bring a nspl event to georgia so i dont have to drive my trunk 0-1800 car too far.
Quote 0 0
basshead69
Quote:
Originally posted by Conclusive:
Quote:
quote:
Foil tape will definitely not hold with all of that pressure in there. I finally used Gorilla Tape for the seams.

Mdf just does not hold together as well.
MDF holds together just fine assuming it's constructed properly.
I am talking about the port seams. I kept splitting them with foil tape. I ended up using Gorilla Tape on them and they are solid now.
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by mhart:
i thought it was on the 9th?
It's the 9th!!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy