mjs
2000 Lexus ES 300
Getting an alternator from OG, hoping to make an XS Power D3100 battery fit up front, and doing the Big 3.
Running JL / amps (4):
(1) 500/1 sub
(2) 300/2 midbass & mids
(1) 300/4 tweets

Will I need an additional battery in the trunk?
What if I only do an XS Power D5100 up front?
Will I need the additional battery either way?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Martin
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
If you fit the D3100 under the hood and have an upgraded alternator, you shouldn't NEED any other batteries. I would add a small one in the back if it doesn't affect your class.

If you only can fit the 5100 up front, I would definitely add another in the back.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I would run at least a 1/0 power to the back, and a 4ga to tie the front and rear grounds together.
Quote 0 0
mjs
If it's a good idea to run an additional battery in the back I'd rather not do any cutting up front...Will a D5100 up front along with a D5100 in the back suffice? (running wire as you stated along with the OG alternator)
I'm not looking to compete - I just want SQL for me...
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
those are definitely smaller batteries. Maybe a 5100 up front, and a 2400,3400, or 2700 in the back? The extra battery will help with filtering out any ripple.
Quote 0 0
mjs
I MAY run a 1000/1 instead of the 500/1,but will I notice any difference between the larger and smaller battery in the trunk with the 4 amps I mentioned above?
If the answer is "yes" shouldn't I just put a 3100 in the trunk?
If the answer is "no" shouldn't I go with the smaller battery in the trunk?
Thanks D-Bass....Could you answer my question in the SQ section when you have a second?
Martin
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy