mikeinausitn
here are the speakers i have narrowed my choice to (with a little info on each):

dls 6.3i(91db,50-25k)
focal 165vr3(93db,55-28k)
rainbow slc 365.25(90db,50-30k)

typical music i listen to is classic rock (60's-early 80's).

an important fyi, i will not be able to add an amp to the factory head unit till next year. car is a two seat hard-top convertible.

please give me your input!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
SQ in a convertible. I love it.
I have no personal experience with these speakers, so no advice here. Just stopping in.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
and just running off a factory radio?
I would spend my money adding a good amp to the factory speakers before I spent a lot of money on speakers. I think you're doing this in reverse order
Quote 0 0
bass-ically bad
I run the DLS 6.3 I off a JL Audio 450.4 v2.They sound incredible and i have won several sq competitions with them.I'm not sure about the other speakers.Alot of it will depend on the install and power available more then the type of speakers.
Quote 0 0
mikeinausitn
amp will be 75w-100w per channel. leaning toward a class a/b amp instead of the newer class d's.

for my car (bmw z4), i have been told that something like an audio control lc6i be put in front of the amp (mostly to sum up all the signals).

as for it being a convertible, with the hard top up, it is as quiet as any of my other cars (actually more quiet than my g35).
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy