assman Show full post »
boommerextreme
go to the junk yard get the top of a car off from the B pillar forward and glue it on. It changes no internal vol of the cab. You are allowed to build down 3" from the jam which are factory. If they want to get tech about it, what about all the bondo that is in front of the b pillar of all the extreme cars/trucks/ vans out there. Its not factory sheet metal??? The flat windshields take up space that wasnt there from the factory? There is nothing factory about extreme cars! Everything has been moded and built to take up cab space. 1/16 of sheet metal in NOT going to do anything to his score. So what if he cut it off then just bondoed it back on to make it look factory? Would it matter then?
Quote 0 0
tommyk90
Quote:
Originally posted by boommerextreme:
go to the junk yard get the top of a car off from the B pillar forward and glue it on. It changes no internal vol of the cab. You are allowed to build down 3" from the jam which are factory. If they want to get tech about it, what about all the bondo that is in front of the b pillar of all the extreme cars/trucks/ vans out there. Its not factory sheet metal??? The flat windshields take up space that wasnt there from the factory? There is nothing factory about extreme cars! Everything has been moded and built to take up cab space. 1/16 of sheet metal in NOT going to do anything to his score. So what if he cut it off then just bondoed it back on to make it look factory? Would it matter then?
I just want to know why he cut the entire thing off in the first place. You can fill the space with concrete without cutting the whole d*mn roof off. There has to be some reason behind it.
Quote 0 0
winslow
Maybe the car had prior roof damage.
Quote 0 0
assman
I would think it would be easier to cut the whole roof off to fill it full of concrete,then drilling 15 thousand holes.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Quote:
Originally posted by TeamSubGoPoof:

the fact is its not legal...if his roof build down is attached to the top of the vehicle then he modified the internal volume of the car and changed the outer apperance both of which the rulebook say are illegal
exactly...
Quote 0 0
assman
Quote:
Originally posted by winslow:
Maybe the car had prior roof damage.
Or maybe a sun roof
Quote 0 0
tommyk90
Quote:
Originally posted by assman:
I would think it would be easier to cut the whole roof off to fill it full of concrete,then drilling 15 thousand holes.
Not really if you think about it.

The roof skin would contain all of the concrete. If he cut all of the metal off then the concrete would just slide off the roof because it would have nothing to contain it. Unless he built some sort of framework to hold all the concrete in while it dried.
Quote 0 0
winslow
Depends on where it is cut. Those roofs have an arc, and if cut above the arc, you could fill it full easier by cutting the whole thing off than by drilling holes. Plus, it would allow for better cooling if you are pouring large amounts of a thick layup.

Point is, you don't know the condition of the car prior to him working on it....could have had a tree limb fall on the roof, crushing the roof and breaking the windshield...and he got the car for cheap b/c of it. The cut the roof off b/c it would be easier to do.

Fact is, the car was legal at every show it was at this year...and the outside skin was legal last year too.

Bitching about this is like bitching about the mics at USACi last weekend...useless and unproductive.
Quote 0 0
DBfestiva
Why don't you try asking Wayne for the final word on this subject? If he says "no problem" Then drop the subject! If not then let HIM deal with it.
GET OVER IT!!!!!!

Good luck with the 180db Alan!
Quote 0 0
dBSteve
what a joke, this post is about the competition in Brazil ... THE COUNTRY ... not Alan Dante ...

oh well, I guess by the actions of this post, I see I'm finally back in the United States
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy