2doorcavy
that is where i am stuck at currently. i had 4 re se 10's in the trunk of my cavalier and loved it but i just want to be a little bit louder. if i where to do tens again i was thinking the ssd tens by f.i.

if i where going to do a 15 i was considering the btl 15 from f.i.

i'd love to rock out to 4 10's again. but i plan on doing a wall in the future. and if i got the 15 that would be the start to what would go in the wall .. so should i bite part of the bullet now and go with the 15? or go for 4 10's .. any input would be great. maybe even some tips toward trying different subs?
Quote 0 0
lone blazer
what is your definition of "A little bit" exactly?

and build the shell for the wall and just dont put the face on. then you can just rock out with whatever you choose for subs in the shell until your ready for the face
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
well if you know what you are going to build latter down the road then you already have the answer to your question. there is in my opion to spend the money on tens then try to sell them when you build the wall. if ou have long term goals then start by buy what makes sence in the long run and it will keep you over all cost down by finding the right deals on the equipment along the way! good luck to you!
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
see i was thinking the same thing. but i dnt think this wall is gonig to be happening any time soon. n i just wasnt quite sure too if the 4 tens would be louder than the one 15.. i guess i could always just buy 2 lol
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
I'm not familiar with RE subwoofers I've heard RE's at shows.

If your not building a wall for a long time I'd go with the 4 10's in a heart beat 4 10's would be equal to 40" -inches- of cone space compared to 15" of cone space.

Go with the 4 10s they might not hit as low as the 15 might but on higher freqs around the 55-60 tuning area with the bass test -bass mechanic you would be doing a VERY respectful score.

Just my personal opinion I'd do 4 10s before 1 15 you would move MUCH MUCH more air in a ported box.

Any thing else just ask traffic has been slow around here so I'll try and help ya out as much as I'm able.
Quote 0 0
lone blazer
and what would you say is an impressive score for 4 10's?
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
you'd be surprised what my tens could do.. box i had um in.. they where def. played on the lower end a lot more than high. ask anyone who's heard it and u've sworn u never heard tens get down like they did lol (atleast in a trunk car)
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
I know all about loud 10s lol and like I said on the youtube comment I wasn't bashing the setup I just was trying to help and give my 2 cents I think 15s can hit lower then 10s by a -little- bit it also depends on box tuning and so many other things.

Also I heard 2 10s -DC Audio- in a trunk car do a 150.2 sealed up which was the LOUDEST 2 10s I've ever heard in my life and probably the loudest I ever will hear in my life Mike Singer also got a demo of it and claims he's never heard 10s so loud before lol.

I guess it's not about the size of the woofer but the amount of time and work you put into the build. Any system can shine if you make it shine no matter what your runnin As long as your happy with the end result THAT is the only thing that matters.

I wish you LOTS of luck and hope you succeed and do 150s soon hope to see ya at the shows man much respect.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
lol o i know.. n i def. think that peoples opinion do matter n sometime the help a lot more than one thinks. im still not quite exactly sure i wan2 do in my car yet but yea.. i think i'll reach a 150 eventually lol. n there not a whole lot o shows left in the season but like you said im sure we'll meet some time at a show
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
Yup for sure I'll go to any show within 2 hours max of Taylor MI maybe Lima Ohio and Battle Creek and close shows in canada area but I won't travel around the U.S. to go to shows lol. unless I had Team Pricing/sponsors etc.

Hope we battle in the 49.9 class I'm still stuck in the 39.9 class my car leaks so much air out the back I'll have it fixed soon though I finally got someone who's giving me good advice on what to do and gonna teach me some things to do to get my score up a bit Big 3 upgrade, new batt/alt etc. I'll let ya know
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy