biga2005
got some new vidz . tell me what you think. I want as much feedback as possible

thanks for looking
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Looking good Power Acoustik 3000d?
Quote 0 0
PHILESTER
Well I dont know much about 4th order walls but heres a few questions...

You said 20 and 40 (2:1) cubes in the video...thats a big sealed chamber for 4 18's. Are you having any power handling issues with that?

What about the loading wall, ever go smaller with it to get more port? Ever round out your ported chamber? resin the sealed one?

For fun you could always goto 15 and 45 (3:1) cubes or maybe even 12 and 48 to see how much it would gain. Might be an interesting experiment although you will cut your passband down (alot with the 4:1!).

with that sized chamber, you ever consider porting it and doing a series 6th?

SUPER BAD ARSE BUILD BRO. mad props to you.
Quote 0 0
biga2005
Quote:
Originally posted by PHILESTER:
Well I dont know much about 4th order walls but heres a few questions...

You said 20 and 40 (2:1) cubes in the video...thats a big sealed chamber for 4 18's. Are you having any power handling issues with that?

What about the loading wall, ever go smaller with it to get more port? Ever round out your ported chamber? resin the sealed one?

For fun you could always goto 15 and 45 (3:1) cubes or maybe even 12 and 48 to see how much it would gain. Might be an interesting experiment although you will cut your passband down (alot with the 4:1!).

with that sized chamber, you ever consider porting it and doing a series 6th?

SUPER BAD ARSE BUILD BRO. mad props to you.
thanks for the props mane. you asked some very good questions...lets start answering them

1. I'm not having any power issues. thats 20 cubes before displacement. I figured after words its going to drop from 20 to 16 from subs and internal bracing

2. yea the port will be a little bit smaller then what u see now. currently its 18.5' wide, but yea it will get shrunk. I am planning on rounding the port and I dont see how it would help to resin the sealed chamber that air is there and not going anywhere. But the ported portion that is getting 2 gallons of resin on it.

3. had thought about the 6th order but I heard it could F**k up your subs if the box isnt rite rite no what I mean.

now some other things I plan to do is buy 20 lbs of play doh and make 45's for all my corners of the box and then resin over that,
Quote 0 0
Mike Fallon
why playdoh? just cut up some mdf.
Quote 0 0
biga2005
With play doh or clay u can get the best angles possibles because you can morph the clay to flow into ur sides. So in a way it's like ur box is a big circle compared to a big square.
Quote 0 0
PHILESTER
I was thinking of opening up the port more like to about 24" to get the frequency up a few.

You might want to think about a little more resin too. 2 gallons in 40 cubes will pretty thin when each gallon will cover 20 ft2 at 1/10" thickness.

Resining the sealed chamber tend to bump your freq up and has gained some people...just a thought.

Forget the playdoh, go with 45's smoothed in with body filler.

I gotta keep following this thread...BTW nice teardown vids, diffrent. Maybe people will syop calling bandpasses the "EASY" way to get loud now since they can see the work that goes into them.
Quote 0 0
biga2005
Bump
Quote 0 0
biga2005
Quote:
I was thinking of opening up the port more like to about 24" to get the frequency up a few.

You might want to think about a little more resin too. 2 gallons in 40 cubes will pretty thin when each gallon will cover 20 ft2 at 1/10" thickness.

Resining the sealed chamber tend to bump your freq up and has gained some people...just a thought.

I gotta keep following this thread...BTW nice teardown vids, diffrent. Maybe people will syop calling bandpasses the "EASY" way to get loud now since they can see the work that goes into them.
me personality I don't like high frequency I like lows. my main goal in this systems was to bang hittin them lows. don't particularly care about high db numbers with high frequency.

so I would have to sand those edges down really good
Quote 0 0
biga2005
bump
Quote 0 0
PHILESTER
Quote:
Originally posted by biga2005:
Quote:
quote:

me personality I don't like high frequency I like lows. my main goal in this systems was to bang hittin them lows. don't particularly care about high db numbers with high frequency.

so I would have to sand those edges down really good
Well then it sounds like you are staying true to the design goals. Keep up the good work.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy