kryptonitewhite?? Show full post »
kryptonitewhite??
so I have a problem. I spray painted the 1st side's windows black so it just looks like dark tint. but I didn't spray paint the other side. Good thing. For the 1st few days it looked pretty cool... all the different layers of foam that all looked cured a different way.

Today, I can see it all collapsed!
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
so here you can see the outside edges where the foam was exposed to air turned out, you can also see I did some touching up this morning..some fresh foam in a few places, a few more cans hanging...but over all, very well

some patch work

see the dark yellow? thats old foam not yet cured... as I peel the duct tape away, foam not yet exposed to air is all gooey and starts to run and bubble when it gets air, so I try to press the tape back and let it cure more now that it has more air

Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??

AND THE FAILURE. COLLAPSED. no air? now what do I do?

Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??

the glass makes for terrible reflection I know...sorry

Quote 0 0
97Cavy
Quote:
Originally posted by kryptonitewhite??:
FAILURE.
Think that about sums it up
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
Quote:
Originally posted by 97Cavy:
Quote:
quote:
FAILURE.
I am done with this forum

dueces
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
maybe instead of getting your panties in a bunch, you might want to open your mind and listen to some of these people.

Or you can keep wasting wood and money ending up with half ass results.

swallow your pride and listen.
Quote 0 0
97Cavy
I cant look at ANYTHING in this thread and say "Yeah, that was a good idea"

There are PLENTY of build pics here and all over the internet of this EXACT SAME VEHICLE. This is some of the most half-assed **** I have ever laid eyes on
Quote 0 0
tommyk90
For all the money you spent on spray foam, you could have bought a pallet of 2x4's and built this thing the right way.

Gotta agree with marty, there's TONS of pics around of people building astros and you clearly didn't follow any of them.
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 97Cavy:
Quote:
quote:
FAILURE.
I am done with this forum

dueces
cummon dude.. would you prefer everyone to lie to you and say you did this right? What do you want to hear from people viewing this build? I know id want to hear the truth then perhaps try again the right way!
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
2X4s hell even 4X4s would have been much cheaper than that foam if you continue in the direction your heading you might as well just send the van to the crusher
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
LOL!!!! thats all
Quote 0 0
sensai
*waves*
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy