Derrick824 Show full post »
CompetitionOnly
Just to let you know derrick..... You can run a bracket with one individual and there are really no rules as far as modifications in bass race. I recieved this info from wayne. he and I had discussion a few moments ago and I am clear on the rule now. Sorry for the inconvienence but needed to get clearification.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Now that that is all out of the way lets get back in the lanes!! Derrick I know that Robert wants to run the 149.9 class and I also know that he doesn't want to be there by his self!! but he won't be alone long I am sure that you know that both Charlie and Daniel plan on being in the 149.9 class this year and we are working on it!! I would love to see more people in all of the bass race classes and soon there will be just give it a little time and we all be having fun again!!!
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Quote:
Originally posted by CompetitionOnly:
I thought it was about competition. oh yeah thats right not for you.
I'm not sure why you want to keep making this personal with those comments but sure let's go there. I was whooping up on the competition to the point you had to change your rules and cheat to get your team mate to win. Stan, you're a joke and you've turned Comp Only into a big joke to the point that some of your own team mates are even shaking their heads at you. This attitude of yours is just more proof of why nobody wants to deal with you anymore.

Quote:
"After everyone has had an opportunity to qualify, the 8 loudest contestants in each class will be randomly paired against one another in the quarter-final elimination bracket. Each pairing of competitors will compete against one another in a head-to-head fashion. The winner will advance to the next round of eliminations and the loser will be eliminated from the contest. This form of competition will continue (semi-finals and finals) until there is a winner for each class."..... To me it says each pairing. I believe that to mean more than one person but again I could be wrong on the pairing definition. I have called wayne for his ruling on this and will leave it at that....have a good day
dB Drag spl eliminations runs the same way as Bass Race elimnations yet I didn't see any whining about only on person in ssnw.
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Quote:
Just to let you know derrick..... You can run a bracket with one individual
Well DUHHHHH!!! No need to let me know what I already knew. Ya'll are the ones that wanted to argue with Bobby & I Saturday about your made up rule. You're the only one that needed clarification.
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
unfortunilty it takes many years to get a good organization working the best possiable way and it takes undestanding competitors and judges to make an it worthwhile.
Ray this is a lot simpler than that. LEAVE THE RULES ALONE! Again this is all about Bass Race & Bass Race rules are fine and work great. If someone wants to run a class then let them run their class. It makes no sense for a dB Drag judge to try and make a competitor move to a class they don't want to be in. It makes even less sense for that judge to whine, cry, and pull made up rules out his @$$ to attempt to force that competitor to change classes.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Quote:
Originally posted by Derrick824:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
unfortunilty it takes many years to get a good organization working the best possiable way and it takes undestanding competitors and judges to make an it worthwhile.
Ray this is a lot simpler than that. LEAVE THE RULES ALONE! Again this is all about Bass Race & Bass Race rules are fine and work great. If someone wants to run a class then let them run their class. It makes no sense for a dB Drag judge to try and make a competitor move to a class they don't want to be in. It makes even less sense for that judge to whine, cry, and pull made up rules out his @$$ to attempt to force that competitor to change classes.
agreed! see my post here and you will see that I just want it all resolved!!

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/4/20469/2.html
Quote 0 0
CompetitionOnly
Quote:
Originally posted by Derrick824:
Quote:
quote:
Just to let you know derrick..... You can run a bracket with one individual
Well DUHHHHH!!! No need to let me know what I already knew. Ya'll are the ones that wanted to argue with Bobby & I Saturday about your made up rule. You're the only one that needed clarification.
Derrick I dont understand what the heck got into you but the sad thing is that we had been doing the same thing for the last four years with regards to bass race. until this last show there was no question. I was wrong and said so how much more do you want. as far as changing rules to have someone beat you I dont think so you were included in the rules change and agreed to is so i dont get it. as Far as cheating you out of anything I have not. I dont want to cover the issue of cheating and you know where it will go, I am not trying to start with how exactly you whooped up on everyone. I am not really sure why you are so upset but I'm sure nothing I can say is gonna change that. I am not out to mmake it harder for anybody and to cheat anybody. I made a mistake and I'm sorry but it will happen time to time.
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Quote:
Derrick I dont understand what the heck got into you but the sad thing is that we had been doing the same thing for the last four years with regards to bass race. until this last show there was no question.
The first dB Drag event ya'll did was Aug 25th 2007 in Andrews. That's only 2 years ago & how many dB Drag events have ya'll done in the past 2 years? Four maybe five events. Again, this is all about Bass Race. Nobody cares about Comp Only. You're obviously still getting the two confused. I've already explained why the Excursion will stay in 149.9 this season. We will not change classes just cause you want us to. We will not let you butcher the Bass Race rules to force us into the class you want us in.

Quote:
I am not trying to start with how exactly you whooped up on everyone.
Let's see, I was the Comp Only Street Bass points champ in '08 and was leading in points for the '09 season when all the nonsense happened. On the spl side I've dominated the Comp Only Truck/suv class. In my opinion that's whooping the competition.
Quote 0 0
David McLean
Wow!!!! What a bitch fest this is....

As for the combining classes thing, back in the day, and currently I believe, it was not uncommon to combine classes in dB Drag Racing at single point events. This was never allowed at multi-point events.

The way the classes would be combined would be something like SS1-2 and SS3-4 might be combined into SS1-4. This was at the discretion of the event promoter.

This never really applied to Bass Race. As one of the developers of Bass Race, I can tell you that the nature of the competition dictates that classes should not be combined.

In other words, with the classed based on score, it's not fair to force the combining of classes.

Now I fully understand that it sucks to have no one to go up against in the elimination rounds. However, in the countless Bass Race events I officiated, I know that it's somewhat rare. At least with the competitor turnout I experienced, it was.

One that note, I will close with a reminder to take the personal issues somewhere else. Too many good people have left this forum because of all this nonsense.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy