RAD
Hi guys, just made my first 4th order for my BMW 318 sedan. I had a spare Vega 124 sitting around, so with a spare weekend i whipped up a nice bandpass for it. For only 12" on 300w it sounds louder than past 12" setups on 800w, and fairly flat, slowly rolling off past 30hz.
But could i get any more out of it?

Specs are .75 cube sealed, 1.5 ported with 2 4" aero's 8" long, BB6 tells me 60hz, too high?

A little positioning in the trunk, and firing into the corner seems to come up best, though should i just fire it straight through the ski pass into the cabin?

Thanks.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Try a sub designed for 4th order/sealed use with high sensitivity and a low Fs?
Quote 0 0
RAD
The vega 124 does have 94db sensitivity, and it was either 23 or 26hz Fs, can't remember.

Will probably upgrade to a Mach5 IXL 12 or DD 2512a in the future, both apparently good for 4 orders.

But yeah, just wanted to know if i calculated the box right, and if i should port through the seats?
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
There's only one way to tell and that is to to try it out. I know it might cost more wood but you'll learn more. I know I made a forth order for an 8" in a trunk car and it was loudest the same way you had it, pointing toward the corner. I do know that you can gain a lot more efficiency if you make the ported chamber way bigger
Quote 0 0
RAD
I've heard that too, which is why i made the front as big as possible at 1.5cubes.

Theres enough wood for more boxes, halfway through one for a .65/.65 cube box which BB6 seems to think is optimal.... Just hoping someone knew some rule of thumbs or the like for front & rear chamber ratios.

Corner loading works wonders, i heard about it for home use, and now got a cheap 4" sub vibrating the walls, works well for trunks too providing its loaded about 55cm/2ft or shorter from the corner.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy