bass-ically bad
Hello everyone,
This is my first post.I currently have 2 dd9518g dual 4 ohm subs,1 hifonics sampsom amp driving these subs in a 12 cft box ported to 35 hz with 140 sq in port. this system is in a 2007 chevy avalanche with the midgate removed.I currently hit a 149.5 db @ 47hz. I have 24 cft avaliable for a new enclosure for the new season and would like to try a bandpass box.This is a daily driver so i cant make any major mods to the truck.The truck have 2 layers of dynamat on the doors,roof floors and bed of the truck.I currently have a dual alternator setup with 6 kinetik hc1800 batteries for a electrical system.Believe it or not i also use this vehicle for sq also.I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for the new build and design.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
I think this might help for a good start? I have just started playing with thease things I might be able to help a little.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/8/27531.html
Quote 0 0
warlord
POST PICS
Quote 0 0
Kim
My 4th order: http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/36/638.html
Quote 0 0
bass-ically bad
Great build Kim,what ratio is your box? 2-1 sealed to ported?I have 24cft I was going to do 8 cft sealed and 16 ported does this sound about right?
Quote 0 0
Kim
I have 30 cubes in the front and 8 cubes in the back, well it
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Very nice work.
Quote 0 0
bass-ically bad
i decided to try a forth order bandpass with a sealed volume of 6.4 cft and ported volume of 19 cft.I'm unsure on how to tune the ported area? I'm going to start with 400 cubic inches of port area. how deep should the port be? My truck peaks around 50-52 hz.
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
Go smaller on the sealed section. Whenever I do a large bandpass, I try to use the thickness of the wood as my port length and adjust the tuning from there. Is this going to be a wall?
Quote 0 0
bass-ically bad
Not really a wall in my truck .I have a tonneau cover .this will take up the whole bed of the truck and the opening between the bed will be the port area.chevy avalanches have a removable midgate so you don't have to cut any metal for a passthru.I'm in ss nw class in db drag.

[ 11-12-2009, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: bass-ically bad ]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy