youthman
I just picked up a Kicker KX700.5 amp tonight and wanted to get your advice on how you would wire it up for the door speakers.

Kicker KX700.5 is rated at 75x4 @ 4ohm + 210x1 @ 4ohm and 85x4 @ 2ohm + 420x1 @ 2ohm.

My front doors are Polk MMC6500 Components (6.5" & 1" tweeter) rated at 125w rms, 250w peak

My rear doors are Polk db571 5x7 Coaxial rated at 90w rms, 200w peak

I figure I have two options:

Option 1: One channel per door speaker would give me 75x4.

Option 2: Amp1 (channels 1&2 bridged) to one component speaker and Amp2 (channels 3&4 bridged) to the other component speaker and power the rear db571's off the HU.

Option 2 would give me 165x2 from the Kicker amp to the component speakers and 22w rms, 50w peak from the HU to the db571 in the rear doors.

My thought is Option 2 would be best since I sit up front and my kids sit in the 2nd row.

Which option would you suggest?
Quote 0 0
youthman
Forgot to mention, it's in a 02' Ford Expedition.
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
75w per set of components is probably enough for most non-deaf people.

Hypothetically, in the occasional situation where you wanted it "louder," you would probably be better served by the additional power on your rear door speakers from the amp than you would be by the bridged power into the fronts.
Quote 0 0
youthman
I think for now, I'll use the 75x4 to power the doors without bridging them. I haven't got the components installed yet so I'm using the db571's up front with the 75x2 going to it from Amp1 on the Kicker.

The sub channel is at a 4ohm load. I purchased a 10" JL stealthbox with a 10" Memphis sub. I'm hoping it will be an improvement over the entry level JL 8w0 sub. If not, I will see if I have enough depth to install a JL 10w3. If I do go with a 10w3, I will look for a 2ohm sub so I can get more out of the sub channel.
Quote 0 0
youthman
Thanks Shadow. I currently have the Polk db571 5x7's up front and the stock speakers in the back. I installed the amp and am using two channels 75w x 2 going to the db571's and it's plenty loud enough. I just didn't know if it would be the same with the components when I install them or if I would need more power going to them to help them reach their full potential.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy