Wagonized Show full post »
Nemanja
price limit??

But what if I buy an amp used for 50% of the new price?
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
this post is about street class's why are u all bent on changing all the other class's for leave SS 1-2 and SS3-4 alone i can under stand u wanting more people to join but why screw with the classes we have that a beginniner has no right in, in the first place unless he knows he going to get his ass handed to him just like me when i started i know i was going to get beat but i didn't care i came to have fun and play loud music then i rebuilt and learned more thats the name of the game and making alot of friends,hell i'm still a noob learning not going to lye about it
Quote 0 0
Nemanja
people which make WRs or close to WR will be loud in other cars too...

So make what you want but more competitors are wanted!
Quote 0 0
Maddog
I would personally like to see a class with a 2 12" subwoofer limit, no rules on coil size or basket. Ampifier power rated at either 1200 or 1500 watt limit. I don't mean at 4 ohms either. whatever it is rated at its lowest impedance.
Quote 0 0
new2boom
i think street classes should be at a lower frequency as well. maybe just an actual class for 50hz and below and make it where they play music for 60second or so to prove it is street setup at the volume they will be burping at. might be a stupid idea but i dont see many people where i live cruisin to 70hz bass notes on the (STREET)!i thought it was street a street b street c not buzz a buzz b buzz c should be street friendly.
Quote 0 0
murilo
I wonder something

1- lots of HU have 80Hz as minimum cut freq of the LPF
2- a 2 way system will play until 80Hz at least, because mids on the average system won't reproduce lower than that.
3- lots of small cars ressonate above 50Hz.

Very important to say I think: this is a restriction and WILL shrink the number of competitors (in general dB drag). At this bad moment for the "sport", any restriction will hurt and instead of that there should be created new beginner classes.
Quote 0 0
jaychocolate
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:
I wonder something

1- lots of HU have 80Hz as minimum cut freq of the LPF
2- a 2 way system will play until 80Hz at least, because mids on the average system won't reproduce lower than that.
3- lots of small cars ressonate above 50Hz.

Very important to say I think: this is a restriction and WILL shrink the number of competitors (in general dB drag). At this bad moment for the "sport", any restriction will hurt and instead of that there should be created new beginner classes.
x2

My man Murillo is right.
Quote 0 0
new2boom
i dont think it would shrink because alot of loud daily drivers would start to compete. would probably get more people interested in our sport and make it more competitive.
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
Quote:
Originally posted by new2boom:
i dont think it would shrink because alot of loud daily drivers would start to compete. would probably get more people interested in our sport and make it more competitive.
This will not happen!
With a very looouuuuddd (and I mean very loud )daily driver equipment you will still not competive!
And as we said before: Everybody wants to win

Now tell them to win you need 4 new monster amps and 2x 5000
Quote 0 0
team carmania
or make 3 new classes for the new bees

so everybody is happy

and can continu in its own classe like 2009

Quote 0 0
winslow
A long time a go SPL was about being a stress test on the stereo. The people who wanted to win and put up big scores would push it once and a while and you had equipment failures...happens is all types of modified motorsports, as it should. If you are worried about breaking speakers or amps, then don't go out of their safe zone. Will you win? Dunno, maybe everyone else will do the same and you will win...maybe someone turns it up to breaking and beats you. It's racing, it's about gambling to win.
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
And in what way will this suggestion can reduce competing costs?

If you have more frequent failures you have to pay for the damaged equipment,or you just quit competing...Either way the result is the same and it affects the sport...
Quote 0 0
winslow
Who said it would automatically produce more failures?
Quote 0 0
new2boom
reduce cost to me would be less of a drive why not compete over a live feed from multiple locations like lane one in ohio and lane 2 in kentucky over a live feed . just a thought
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
fuses like meca ever mess with their rules works pretty well

no more than a 60 cap or we will be talking about suv advantages

more single day comps did not go to carlisle because could not be there both days.

other than that nothing matters because they will do what they want to
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy