Exile son of Exodus
What is the power per channel of most head units? It is not possible to place a 200w amp into a head unit so where do they get these #s!!
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Actually it is quite possible to get that inside a head unit. Before I left IRF (2002) we happened to make a 600w amplifier that was about the size of an 120gb Ipod.

It just isn't possible to put it in a head unit and actually get the head units to sell... It was a project that has been long since buried and never saw the light of day to the public.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
It just isn't possible to put it in a head unit and actually get the head units to sell... It was a project that has been long since buried and never saw the light of day to the public.
Why was it not possible to get it in? wouldn't it work as a 2x DIN? I'm sure it would sell, sounds like a great idea.
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by Exile son of Exodus:
Why was it not possible to get it in? wouldn't it work as a 2x DIN? I'm sure it would sell, sounds like a great idea.

Why didn't IRF do a lot of things? It isn't as if IRF was the only company to come up with these things, Texas Instruments did as well... Car Audio is small money in comparison to the global economy and needs of transistors...
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
remember, a headunit is typically 50W MAX per channel. Most typically rated 13-20Wrms per channel. realistically, probably a few watts under that with normal use
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy