mallard
I want to put a decent system in my 92 Full size blazer... I currently have an Alpine IDA-X100 Head unit. Ideas for speakers....subs...and amps? I was thinkin of JL Audio for amp or amps and sub or subs. Surely there has to be a better solution than 4X6's in the das and 4X10's in the rear......
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
You have lots of options.

I have run several setups over the years with 2 15's and 4 15's.

Best for us has been subs up and port back.

As for highs, we replaced all factory speakers and then added a set of kick panels and custom mounted some tweeters where the factory cassette player was located.

Head unit was relocated to the center console.
Quote 0 0
mallard
Thanks for the reply!! I already have an Alpine IDA-X100 where the original cassette player was located....replacing the factory location with a pocket and USB cable. How about recommendations for 5.25" or 6" components and their locations. I really like the tightness of 10" subs. This won't be a competition system.... but better than they guys who have only bass and tweets. I want to rock the song like it was supposed to be heard.
Quote 0 0
Team 808
You can make some door pods or kick panels, other than that you are stuck with the factory locations and sizes.
Quote 0 0
mallard
Anybody ever try to have 6.5's placed in the 4X10 locations just above the back glass? It seems that in order to fill the vehicle with more sound....something custom could be made to go there.Just wondering what my custom options could be....
Quote 0 0
Team 808
If you put subs in the rear,dont bother with the 4x10's.Just forget gm even put them there.If you are going to do something custom, or pay someone ,do kick pods or door panels.
Quote 0 0
mallard
I appreciate the reply...I was just concerned that only placing sound from components in the front doors will not fill the vehicle with sound... I was thinking that a good set of 5.25's or 6.5's mounted in the factory location in the rear above the back glass.....even if they have to be custom "hid" would help bring more sound from the ENTIRE vehicle....not just the doors. Thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Nate K.
I have a 93' full size Blazer. Here's a little something I did to my doors:
Quote 0 0
mallard
WOW...... VERY NICE!! How is the sound inside....need I ask? How about a few specs on that ride? Amps....subs...box... alternator... any more pics???
Quote 0 0
Nate K.
This was last year, I think I had 4 or 5 Kinetik 2400s, 2 1st generation RE MT 18s and 3 old school MA Audio amps 2400k amps I had laying around. This was my daily driver so this set up was relatively inexpensive. Oh yeah, all on the stock alternator that I ended up replacing earlier this year. Right now, the doors are the same but I don't have any subs in at the moment (been enjoying the cargo area).
It sounded amazingly good for what it was. I don't play much of todays rap music but I do play old school rap, r&b, jazz and soft rock, lol.
Last year I actually won 3 USACi amateur SQ comps, lol.
Sorry, this set up was nothing compared to my systems of the past so the only pictures I have are the doors.
Quote 0 0
mallard
Did you have any other component speakers besides the doors...specifically any towards the rear for fill? Mine too is a daily driver....no comp. I have a 85 pontiac T/A in the garage that i used to drive....and have a nice system installed in it. It has 2 JL 10W6's in a JL box down firing, custom door pods with 2 5.25 JL mids and 2 tweets ineach door, Old school Fosgate 250m2 and 200 IX amps,Alpine CD head unit, Fosgate cap, and a set of JBL 6X9's in the factory rear quarter for fill.....it flat out rocked.....just don't drive it anymore...needs some tranny work. I am trying to get an idea on how to best attack a nice system in the Full Size Blazer that will get it on the songs with bass....but sound amazing on music that wasn't intended to bump as much.
Quote 0 0
Nate K.
No I didn't have rear fill. If I did I probably would mount 4 6s in a custom pod on the rear post on either side of the rear window but that's just me.
I'm a 18s man so no less then 2 18s for subs, but again, that's just me.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy