slim823
I just measure my 04 yukon and i have 22"h x 48"w x roughly 24"l to work with for a box and still have room for amps and batteries to sit behind the box by the door.

I am completely torn ...

SMAX 1-2 or SSNW 1-2?

I have my mind set on DD subs this time around, so thats what Im running.

should I run 2 Hifonics brutus (2kw)amps and 2 9515's which is affordable and something i can definately put together by the spring to run in SMAX 1-2 and bass race,

or

should I do 4 brutus amps and 2 9515's for ssnw 1-2 and bass race,

or

just go all out and do 4 brutus amps and 2 9518's for ssnw 1-2 and bass race? which will cost a bit more and might take me to the end of the summer before its all setup?????

my goal is to just be competitive locally (ohio) this year.
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Build it.

See how it scores.

Add a few batts, see if that helps alot.

Run the 9515s.
Quote 0 0
slim823
Oh damn! I guess I kinda made up my own sub with the 9518! Oops
Quote 0 0
mtxbird
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bump:
Build it.

See how it scores.

Add a few batts, see if that helps alot.

Run the 9515s.
and run as much power as u can afford.if u can only do 2 amps for now.it will give u enough power to play around with.get some numbers and test and tune
Quote 0 0
Philip J Lester III
How about running srett C with 4 DD 9912's and 4 DD Z1's. You wont be a contendor at finals using that truck in S max or SS NW. You want to make it worth your time - go street. Besides I am sure you could get that thing up to a 155 and it would still sound good in street class.

PJL
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
dd makes a 17.9, not an 18, something to piss off the judges with their little rule book.lol
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Care to look again?

DD now make 18s
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
o ok i know the last time i checked it was a 17.9
thanks for the correction mr.bump, i guess i haven't kept up with dd like i did
peace
Quote 0 0
slim823
You know what? Street C doesnt sound like a bad Idea! 4 dd's is gonna break me though, I might still run the 15's and use the brutus amps. Street c definately sounds like a winner though! Whats the difference between the 9512 and the 9912? with only 2 batteries and 8kwatts, I probably wont be able to play it long huh?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy