Thorshammer Show full post »
Master Yoda
yup thats what I was saying! I may have to put my SPL box in and just see what kind of numbers I really can get with the amp? see ing with my other box peaks at 39Hz! I would guess some where around a 139.XX with this amp? but it was just something to do to do for a laugh today!
Quote 0 0
T-Dogg
Wow, very nice number from that Neon with one amp. I hear those cars load up very nicely on the dash, and that enclosure is super efficient, obviously.

Damn, I haven't posted on here in years, any news for an old timer?
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Thanks. The neons can be very loud. Stll havnt put the. Other box in het maybe after the show his weekend? My car realy peaks at 39Hz but that is with the SPL box. As far as the dash score it is about .5-.7db louder in the center of the dash. And if I had people holding the car it gains more! Les hope that this will help people to understand that there is more to a build then just power. I will see if I can break a 140db with this amp? Not bad for a 35 watt by 2 RMS amp. Lol!
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
How about a head unit power only class? That way we can see who really builds the most efficient enclosures. I think that it shouldn't be limited to trunks but all the classes as well for some added fun. I know the Pioneer deh-p9800bt that I have is possible to bridge the rear two channels to run a subwoofer claiming that it will do 70 watts rms at 2ohms that way. I'd like to give it a go just to see what happens. I'd bet that a 135 is possible with my car/setup using deck power only.
Quote 0 0
popa67
What up T-Dogg.Been a long time.Are you ready to come back play too.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Well how about this one? Team challenge each team is given a list of cheap equipment to use head unit ,sub, battery, amount of power wire with size and amp then a class challange with each team will set records for each class? In order to beat that record some one will have to use the equipment set out in the challange. All the equipment would have to be on the low budget side! Maybe a total equipment cost of $500.00 for all the equipment?
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
$500 seems like a lot. Why not make it something like $200 for the sub and amp. Rules being that you can use 1 run of whatever wire you want and only the battery in the stock location can be used and must be the correct size battery for the vehicle.

That way you either have $100 for a sub and $100 for an amp or whatever you want to spend on what.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
I'm not sure about that? The whole goal is to make it about the build and not the equipment. You will want evevyone to have the exact same equipment. The reason I said 500 is maybe a promter can put together a kit of only what equipment that can be used. When you leave out the battery and wire that just helps people bend the rules! We all know that for a street set up some batteries are bettrer then others! And that would be an advantage for that team. In addition some wire is better then other wire. The idea is to have teams working together to build the car so 500 split between a whole team would not be that bad?
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
I'm not sure about that? The whole goal is to make it about the build and not the equipment. You will want evevyone to have the exact same equipment. The reason I said 500 is maybe a promter can put together a kit of only what equipment that can be used. When you leave out the battery and wire that just helps people bend the rules! We all know that for a street set up some batteries are bettrer then others! And that would be an advantage for that team. In addition some wire is better then other wire. The idea is to have teams working together to build the car so 500 split between a whole team would not be that bad?
Sounds interesting!! Nice score on that little amp btw. I would like to see it with the spl box.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
I will be putting the SPL box in after the show this weekend I just have it in there to bass race the 29.9 class?
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Quote:
Originally posted by T-Dogg:
Wow, very nice number from that Neon with one amp. I hear those cars load up very nicely on the dash, and that enclosure is super efficient, obviously.

Biggest news for ya is the lack of Trunk competitors. Would love to see ya come back to the lanes and show the world what a loud trunk is!!
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
I just don't agree Ray. I think that part of the fun is using different equiptment then the next person. I can see that being used as an excuse if someone loses to another person it's easy to say his equiptment is better than mine. I just don't like being limited to one particular sub and or amp. Variety is nice to see what works best for your particular vehicle/setup. You know what works for one vehicle doesn't always work for another.

For example say the woofer that is nominated to be used by all teams is a Sundown sa15. Now some cars may get very loud using the sa15, but there are many other cars out there that would be louder and benefit more from using a single sa10 or even sa12 instead. You see where I'm going with this? I think that there should be an approved list or something with a few different brands of each piece of equiptment so you can mix and match or switch from one to another to see what would work best in your vehicle. Or the next thing you'd have to go to would be for everyone to have the same vehicle because you know that people use that excuse all the time as well, so unless you give everyone the same everything your going to have excuses saying it's not the build that's better but something else.

Just my $.02
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by T-Dogg:

Wow the ol'
Trunk god has spoken,lol whatss up Dogg!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy