new2boom
if i switch to aero ports is there some things i should know ? like i use 160sq inch port if i go to 160 in aero ports with the same tuning would i see a gain or a loss ? i heard by going to aero ports people gain but what things should i know before changing does port volocity play a factor ? would love to get some info from people that used the same size box and just done the switch to aero's and what changes they made to make it work any help would be great thanks. i posted this under fabrication but little response.
i already have an extra box for my 2-12's built to play with its 8 cubes i know it big but its exactly like the one im using im looking for a 150+ daily driver and i am doing 148.1 legal db drag style @43 and 44hz with the same box and aero's might do it should i try 3 8'' aero's what tuning length should i try and i cant use external and i have 18'' tuning depth to work with
Quote 0 0
new2boom
oh this is a subs up port back install in a blazer
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
My suggestion is 3 cubes and a single 8" or even 10" aeroport. That will get you your 150+ with no issues at all in that Blazer off the Mojo's. I have a single 15 in 3 cubes with a single 8" aero and do a 152.6 on the dash with right around 5K watts. I know it's more power than what your running but if I were to run the same exact power I'd easily do over a 150.

When using an aero you need a bit less port area than what you would if you were using a slot. For competition I like to use from 17-27 sqin of port when using an aero and 24-36 sqin of port when using a slot. Also one huge problem is that your box is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too big.

You need to find the resonant freq of your vehicle and tune 5-8hz below that. Start with the length of port that will tune you close to 10hz below the peak and start cutting off length of the port until you stop seeing an increase in score. That is where your port length needs to be and will need to get longer the more power you add.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Upgrade to the big 3, there will be a gain. If you haven't yet, deaden the roof. I would recommend Second Skin Damplifier-Pro. Zach Is correct, the box is way too big. Shrink it down to 1.5 per sub and use 1 6" port per sub. You can use thin wall white PVC pipe to cut center lengths if need be. 6" Precision Ports can be purchased from Partsexpress.com. Fiberglass resin the box with 2 layers inside and out. A 150 plus is right around the corner.
Quote 0 0
new2boom
ok is 1.5 before displacement ? ive looked at the precision ports at parts express these will be what ill be buying and these will external .
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Yes 1.5 before displacement. You can start with about 2.5 for each sub, tune to get the loudest score then cut an inch off of the box, retune, and repeat till you get the loudest combination. Once you pass up the best box volume go back and build your loudest volume box and resin it. Good Luck.

Team Neo - Eric
Quote 0 0
new2boom
so ill need to buy alot of port tubes but would be worth it in the end . sounds like it would make a great spl box should i double baffle and counter sink the sub does this really show a gain?
Quote 0 0
john-hone
new2boom, just do what i tell chris. plane and simple.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
1 10ft piece of thin wall, white pvc will make you all the centers you need. Available at wholesale drainage companies. Take a bell and collar with you just to be sure. The last piece I bought was like $14.00.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy