kryptonitewhite??
Hey guys,

I think there are more Alpine HUs that can run the PXA-H701, but here's the list I'm working off:

CDA-9887 good HU 4 volt outputs only $270 if I don't want to play DVDs...great buy

All the DVDs only have 2 volt rather than 4 volt. I know most think it doesnt matter..whatever. Price jumps double to go DVD with a screen

W200 looks fine, $500

W205 adds optical output, would I use this? $575

D105 the one I was really interested in cuz it plays DviX!! Can't find any on eBay!!

D106 $670

I don't see much option change to add all the cost to all of these. So I am deciding either 9887 if not DVD cuz its so much cheaper, W200 if the addition of optical out wont be used, but i believe I would benefit spending the extra $75 on the 205 to run optical to the H701? I can't find the DivX playing 105, and what's the point in the 106 for another $100?
Quote 0 0
mjs
The W205 replaced the W200. I know because my W200 was stolen and I replaced it with the W205. Both of these units have the optical out. You want this for better SQ. You will still need the ai-net cable to control everything and for radio.
With the optical out you only convert the signal once. Digital signal out to the processor - processor converts to analog before going to the amps - analog to the drivers. Otherwise you run an analog signal to the processor - the processor converts to digital (and does the processing) - then converts back to analog before going to the amps.
Hope this helps,
Martin
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
That helps a LOT! Thanks Martin.

Can you elaborate on the ai-net cable? I looked it up and it seems it's for input, for iPod XM Sirius....

What other accessories will I need... the Fast iPod thing? I don't want navigation or Bluetuth, but I will want to be able to add a rear view camera, be able to have aux input for a laptop, MP3 player, and so on.

Thanks again!

Jordan
Quote 0 0
mjs
The ai-net cable comes with the unit. The optical cable does not. Even when you purchase an optical cable and use it with the H701 you still have to use the ai-net(analog) signal to run the radio and for info on your screen to show up correctly. The way it was explained to me was that sound was the only signal running through the optical cable and that all other signals travel through and are controlled via the ai-net. I'm sure others here can explain this better than me....Andy?
I'm not familiar with aux input on the unit, but I'm sure the rear view camera plugs right in. As far as a laptop or MP3 goes I don't know. Again - there are others here that know more about it than me.
Personally I burn MP3s at the highest bit/sample rate possible onto DVDs. You can get a shtload of music onto a DVD - and twice as much onto a dual-layer DVD. I'll burn my favs from a few hundred artists onto a DVD and then scroll through 'em with the touchscreen.
Martin
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
kick butt...thank you guys!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy