orlandoman
Okay I have a 2006 KIA SPECTRA SX sedan but I have a huge problem with the alternator issue here.

First I am looking for a high output alternator that need to run off the same size belt that is on my stock 90 amp alternator. The belt wraps around the alternator and the water pump. If the belt breaks [happened in the past] the steering shuts off, ABS shuts off and all other electrical devices shuts off.

Second of all how do you guys work out the formula for how much amps your alternator needs to produce?

I was told that 70 amps for every 1000 watts but I was also told that you add the amperage of all the fuses on all the amps and that is how you know how much amperage you need from your alternator.

Third if you know where I can find a High Output alternator that can run off the same size belt I really appreciate it.

Here is my system layout.

Eclipse CD 5030
Arc Audio KS 300.2 [ 180 x 2 @ 4 ohm]powering my Morel Dotech Ovation 6 components.
Arc Audio XXD 2080 [80 x 2 @ 4 ohm] powering my coaxials.
Arc Audio KS 500.1 Mini [500 x 1 @ 2 ohm]powering my Diamond Audio D3 15 sealed.

I have a distribution block and the volt meter jumps from 14.4 to low as 12.5 volts when the system is on.

I have an Odyssey PCJ 1200 up front and a Kinetik KHC 600 in the rear. I am not sure but I would love to add a High Output alternator after I get my tax return.

Thank you for all your help.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
get ahold of mechman he sell killer alts and can help u out if there is an alt for your car

mechman click here
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
Ohio Generator! Mine is five years old and runs fine!!!!
Quote 0 0
Dragonman (Jason Carroll)
not sure if your still looking for alternator help , but I just went thru a similar headache , although I took 1st place and set this years "record" I was not happy with all the work ive done to only hit 136.4 dbs , my previous was 137.2 dbs , that said after the december comp I drove back to burlington and my power was acting up and system was shutting down everything was going crazy , I ended up getting shut down in the middle of hte street , towed to the mechanic and due to christmas ect I went with an 80 amp alternator for my kia spectra gsx 02' , now to put it in perspective with a new alternator , new front bat and 2000w dry cell inline in the trunk all pushing around 2000 watts max rms power , with my db meter I was still only registering 134 dbs averageing 132 , I installed a crossover and spent 3 hours playing while the car was idling , I was hitting pretty hard and heavy the whole time and thought I had nothing to worry about LOL , my headlights began to dim as the bass hit , I went home , got up for work , dead bat , then I made my second mistake , I went to bestbuy to the "audio guy" just to see if he could test the loads on all 3 to see what was bad , keep in mind this is the guy who told me I blew my last set of subs because I had em wired down to 1 ohm load ect LOL , anyway he said to start the car , turn high beams on and disconnect the + bat cable and if the car shut off , the alt was bad , so I tried it and the car shut off , frustrated that it was new and thinking of the price for a bigger alt I drove home , the next morn my car cranked like it was fine ........... hmmm so im now having reallity hit , if the alt was bad , the battery would not have a full charge after being depleted so I started doing my homework on the world wide web , I got many differant arguments on what to do , some said add a cap , some said bigger alternator but then I came across something so simple and cheap to try and IT IS AMAZING !! before you go dump a **** ton of money on a high amp alternator keep in mind that your cars alternator at best is connected with a 14g power wire to the bat , the suggestion was to add a second 4g or higher power wire with an inline fuse !! I had the wire , the fuse and the few minutes to slap it together , after reconnecting the battery with my fingers crossed that my car wouldnt catch fire she fired right up , so as I began to reprogram my deck settings ect and add the volume i was litteray amazed , i went from pre 4g alt wire at 132 dbs to maxing out my 140 db meter !! the point is amps need power , thats why we have batteries to supply em with fast response juice to feel that bass we all love , second the alternator is designed to recharge the battery , when your amps are pounding and sucking the life from your batts and your pour lil alt with a 14g wire tring to keep up just is not gonna happen !! upgrade your + wire while keeping the old one intact test it out and see then go from there if you need too , sorry so long and if someone complains oh well , at least I know it works for my set up and I took the time to at least help !! see you at the next comp maybe gl man
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
My situation is that my fuses in the fuse box up front keep popping now and then when I turn it up 42/80. So when I added a second battery a Kinetik it still happened bummer. So now I am patiently waiting for my High Output Alternator from DAVE DC ELectric next month and getting installed and doing the famous Big 3. Also I am just going to keep my front stage and the TREO TE 10 subwoofer for now.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Dragonman (Jason Carroll)
np man ive learned 1 thing , a passion for this sport also comes with a headache lol !! so many wires and connections and power and blah blah blah , and im not good with the whole math matical equation part and or the volt meters ect , I basically started 9 months ago with a hand full of fuse's , wire strippers , and electrical tape and so far Ive only killed 1 amp that was half dead any way and blew 2 subs showing off knowing the chance was really high (smashed 1200w rms thru a 1000w set up for 25 minutes , went up the road and showed my buddy , coils where already beat and BOOM) but I had the warranty so actually got the 1200w upgrade outa it !! haha now I can pretty much wire and splice and slip and slide amps and subs in and out whit the car running in the dark with my eyes closed !! hope to see ya in the lanes , ima try my best to make it to the spring break nationals , I need some big dawgs to test out my in experience and just have fun win or loose cause after all im just here for the love of it ! the trophies are just the bonus for my lil' girl
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
Man I do get a headache and to be honest my headaches are not only the alternator issue but also the rear fill issue to. You got to make the girls happy before they slap you in the face.

If you do go to the Spring Break Nationals I might be there to depending on work. However I may or not bump into you when I am there.

Take care
Abraham
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
which fuse keeps popping? Is it the master fuse between the alternator and the battery?
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
Dashboard lights and rear
brake light. There is a fuse that controls both of them and then the Hazard lights.

These keep going out every two or three weeks but I truly need these working in the next two weeks because I am going to be out of town for a few days.

Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy