Kyle1058
I have a 97 Chevy Monte Carlo, with a Pioneer DEH-7600MP deck.

I have 4 gauge running from the battery to a dist. block, and 4 gauge running from my amp to my sanded down area of the frame.

This has never bothered me much, as i usually had my bass up so i couldnt hear it. I recently hooked up a midrange amp and ran another set of RCA's and i really hear a lot of feedback.

I get a high pitch whine when my vehicle is running or i rev up, and i get brake light noise, cd player noise (track changing, cd inserting/ejecting), i get dome light noise (it whines quite loud as it dims too).

If i unhook my RCA's to the amp(s) i get no noise to the speakers whatsoever. I tried running a new ground to the FRAME and i still got engine noise. I tried running new RCA's from the deck through the middle of the car (not hid) and still got it. I've tried several different amps.

Any ideas?
Quote 0 0
Kyle1058
Also, if i remember correctly, i think i tried an RCA ground loop isolator but it removed all the bass (or maybe the signal altogether?), because i got nothing to the subs. I tried a ground loop isolator that hooked onto my deck power and ground wires and that didnt work either.

Next week im thinking about running 0 gauge wire to my trunk directly from my batteries negative (-)..... think that will help with noise?
Quote 0 0
bEnJi
i have that same head unit, and i've been experiencing the same problems. i've tried regrounding my amps and even running my RCAs differently. Both my Punch 400a4 (mids and highs) and my P3001 both pick up on noise from the HU. anyone have some suggestions?
Quote 0 0
AudioStylz722
Pull the headunit and reground the deck to another grounding location. Or you can wire a ground line straight to the battery under the hood, if that does not cure the problem then its a problem inside the deck.
Quote 0 0
Kyle1058
Didn't help,, but i had a place where the ground to the deck is twisted together to the original ground and when i moved it i got a LOT of feedback, like hurt my ears (from the subs/amp)..... i even pulled the deck all the way out, and freefloated the ground to the battery and still got feedback....
Quote 0 0
Kyle1058
Any ideas? Should i just get a different deck?
Quote 0 0
Miguel A.
i had that with my deck as well and i had to put a isolater on my pre-amp and on the deck i still have it but very min now when i swithched radio's to my other vehicle i get no noise whats so ever... or your rca jacks might be bad also
Quote 0 0
Kyle1058
fixed it by running a new 4 gauge ground cable, however it wasnt enough to keep up with my amp and ill need to get 0 gauge soon.

Interesting. i touch the ground to any other frame location and it picks up the noise, i run it straight from the battery to nothing else and its clean as day. Must be my car.
Quote 0 0
DigitalBoomer
Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle1058:
fixed it by running a new 4 gauge ground cable, however it wasnt enough to keep up with my amp and ill need to get 0 gauge soon.

Interesting. i touch the ground to any other frame location and it picks up the noise, i run it straight from the battery to nothing else and its clean as day. Must be my car.
No, it's the HU. Pioneer's have weak internal grounding circuits. Once you pick up a loop the resulting ground modulation will weaken the internal grounding circuits inside the HU. Sometimes it can be overcome by finding an extremely low resistance grounding point (in your case the battery negative is .30 ohms so it works). Don't be surprised if it comes back in a few weeks or months. If it does move the HU back by the amps and connect it with some short RCA jumpers. If the noise is still there you will know that the HU needs to be sent to Pioneer and have the circuits replaced or upgraded. It is a problem they are very well aware of but won't readily admit to .
Quote 0 0
Kyle1058
Oh, its back. didnt take but a few days.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy