JordyO Show full post »
Tinted
I dont know about this "cheating is OK as long as you fix it" I got DQ'd and I really did not even cheat.

I dont think it really matters rules or no rules. people who do not know about db drag dont even care about the rules or grey areas.

db drag has failed to adapt with times and promote itself through all the proper channels.

people bending the rules is part of every competative activity in the world. it's been present in SPL forever - amps with two boards in them, amps under the hood, etc, etc.

if you want to talk about rules, the biggest turn off is how unfair classes are made. crx vs a trunk car???? pffffff really? classes gotta get reworked.
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinted:
I dont know about this "cheating is OK as long as you fix it" I got DQ'd and I really did not even cheat.

I dont think it really matters rules or no rules. people who do not know about db drag dont even care about the rules or grey areas.

db drag has failed to adapt with times and promote itself through all the proper channels.

people bending the rules is part of every competative activity in the world. it's been present in SPL forever - amps with two boards in them, amps under the hood, etc, etc.

if you want to talk about rules, the biggest turn off is how unfair classes are made. crx vs a trunk car???? pffffff really? classes gotta get reworked.
valid points right here.
Quote 0 0
ESP Challenge
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Prodigy Mike:
In there you did not add in the judges money. Even if the judge does it for his or her cost. You have gas, wear and tear on sensers, cat 5 cables, sound ,mics,ect. And there time. There is more invovled than those simple costs to a show.
You couldnt have said it any better Mike. Cost is one thing, but we definitely arent out there for 6-10 hrs to walk away with a zero at the end of the day.
Quote 0 0
ESP Challenge
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Prodigy Mike:
Let's look at this in a different way. Back in 1997- 2000. Db Drag was huge! There were over 100 cars at the shows around in my area. At these shows the shops. Hosting the event had huge sales going on. Radio stations broadcasting from the store. And had games, and uasually had a side event.( 1 show had paid pro bmx guys to do tricks and stuff with a half pipe.) They also had bad ass awards for top 3 in each class. And this was a 1x. All of the shows I went to back then were. Very much a like
Does not sound liike a cheap event to me. Maybe shows have bad turnouts because New guys go to a new "cheap" event and say wow ths is not as cool as I thought it would be. And never come back again. Maybe the answer is less cheap events. And more good events!
Just some thoughts from a guy that's. Been around for a while
Exactly!
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
Ok 15 years ago every kid wanted a system in his or her car it was the biggest boom in car audio this country had ever seen FACT. Anyone who was in the car audio industry back then can tell you about it. Fast forward to 2011 kids interest in car audio has went back to an average level video games are what kids like now. Unless there is another situation where every kid in the country wants a system that booms you won
Quote 0 0
Old/School
Quote:
Motorcycle racing is still going but it is just another sport that had its big moment and leveled off. It was not the rules or lack of sponsors or entry fees that caused it to level off.
cost is everything if the price of everything needed was not so exspensive then we all would be doing it street b alone is well over 6k just to place in the top 15 in the world.

We all ready been threw this. product is getting out of control its not the days of the 1k amps i know times change but 1400....+ on a amp is not my cup of tea.....Think about what the new guy see`s put your self in his shoes let alone the vet that has been in the game for some times... some of us do have a life....
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
I do understand what your saying and the same thing is done in racing with some success. Weekend racers in classes they can afford. These classes came about by new organizations forming to help the average guy they don
Quote 0 0
ShockingCanada
Dbdrag needs to be replaced by something else. It was great ut the cost is far too prohibitive. Years ago when they handicapped the minivan in street it was the start of the end. Imo they need to start from scratch, get rid of all extreme classes and superstreet and break the street classes down by vehicle type broken down by rows of seating. One row, two rows, three rows, street style rules, more strict battery and wiring rules and still broken down by number of woofers.
Quote 0 0
HACKMUNCH
everybody has proven that spl is relitive to power and not cone area. hell with the cone area class.
Quote 0 0
Oatbag
I know this has been mentioned long ago but here is a train of thought I remember being discussed. DbDrag is a business. The owner of the business sells Term-LAB SPL meters. Lots have been sold, show sponsors own them (of course), shops own them, and many competitors own them as well.

The last one is the problem. In trying to become loud, many competitors own or have access to Term-LABs. This is great for business as more meters have been sold. i.e. more money. However, when everyone has meters, what is the point in competing? Everyone already knows what they will get.

So $$$ selling SPL meters up, $$$ from competitions down. Now that Term-LAB is in the position of having the most cred for SPL scores, is DbDrag needed anymore?

I would think more people competing would be a good thing as more meters would be sold. Maybe the whole thing is more fun if SPL is unknown coming into the competition and we find out scores on the day. But that doesn't sell as many meters does it?
Quote 0 0
TheBigOki
Everybody has a stopwatch. Why running around in arenas or driving around in circles for hours anymore?

I understand some thoughts, but had to pick this one.

U
MM
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy