NiceShoes
just trying to work out the bugs on these RF 3000.1
a 16v battery bank that is grounded to the frame on the van

I hook all 4 up strapped and do a 156.0 /2.0 ohm coils. like wtf .
I have 2-15" dvc so I take 3 amps out and do a 152.0 @ 1 ohm . ok this is where the fun starts
and the anger begins but Im trying to stay cool with all this .
when I had only 1 amp hooked up I blew the fuse after a few burps.

when I hook up 2 amps I have all phase to 0 and on single freq all the way up and both gains off
the subs move at different times like the burp starts soft and then its almost like it kick in after about a second to full burp
we are using a clarion dxz 835 mp
4v rca

have you had any problem like this ??? can you hard wire these amps ???? no fuse ?
Quote 0 0
Boomin Audio Competitions - Andy
How big of a fuse are you using?
Most hardcore spl guys hard wire everything. I like to fuse at 600A per amp, and I have 2 treo 1500's
Quote 0 0
Tim Dunham
Set the first amp up as MASTER.
Run the RCA pass thru from the master amp to the 2nd amp. Set this amp as SLAVE. Wire each additional amp as SLAVE. Always use the pass thru from each amp to the next. These amps have active pre-amps. You can chain 100 amplifiers together in this manner and have minimal signal loss.

You only need about 2v input. Set the gain on the master at about 1/2 and the X-over all the way up.

Try that for a start.
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceShoes:
just trying to work out the bugs on these RF 3000.1
a 16v battery bank that is grounded to the frame on the van

I hook all 4 up strapped and do a 156.0 /2.0 ohm coils. like wtf .
I have 2-15" dvc so I take 3 amps out and do a 152.0 @ 1 ohm . ok this is where the fun starts
and the anger begins but Im trying to stay cool with all this .
when I had only 1 amp hooked up I blew the fuse after a few burps.

when I hook up 2 amps I have all phase to 0 and on single freq all the way up and both gains off
the subs move at different times like the burp starts soft and then its almost like it kick in after about a second to full burp
we are using a clarion dxz 835 mp
4v rca

have you had any problem like this ??? can you hard wire these amps ???? no fuse ?
I TRIED to talk you guys in to another amp.. but nooooo you didn't want to listen!!

Actually... I really hope you guys get this figured out. Sounds like you're having a rough time. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Btw.. there's a show at the Lynx stadium on the 27th. Check out CCA for info.
Quote 0 0
mark_96_v6
you might have to set the phase at 180 on the slaved amps, and 0 on the main. but check your manual
Quote 0 0
NiceShoes
Well I cant do much without fuses now but
I did have all 4 amps hooked up 1 as the master and the rest a slaves and did a 156.0 1/4 gain 61 hz freq
21 cf box this is also with 2 different subs 1 15 ma hardcore quad 1.5 ohm
and 1 atomic apx 15 dvc 2.4 ohm after all wired up the coils were close th even 1 sub 2.1 ohm and the other 1.7 I was thinking this is why the subs were moving at different times or so it looked . but I still cant explain the weird burp we are getting is this because of the fuse ??
will the protection still kick on it we use metal plate instead of fuses .

or will this give me a good fire for some marshmellows

I am getting some fuses anyway but for now I need to test. we got all this stuff and there Are shows everywhere but I cant go because Im always working or working on fixing thing up .

Thanks Kevin
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Did you blow one of your APX 15's?!?!
Quote 0 0
Tim Dunham
Using two different woofers may be leading to what you are seeing. Never a good idea to do this. I have had an amp blow up, usually they are fine when I blow up woofers but there is that chance.
Quote 0 0
NiceShoes
Quote:
Originally posted by JordyO:
Did you blow one of your APX 15's?!?!
ya we took 1 out first couple burps sucks but we tried to glue it back together but it scratches a bit
were goin to try it anyway so how are things going with you ??
Quote 0 0
NiceShoes
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Dunham:
Using two different woofers may be leading to what you are seeing. Never a good idea to do this. I have had an amp blow up, usually they are fine when I blow up woofers but there is that chance.
were going to put the atomic back in it makes a scratch noise a bit but we need to see if it will hold up

were looking for some subs 18" for next year
still need to get the atomic reconed or fixed so its straight agian and not scratching it still reads fine on the coild just makes a small noise when you push down on the cone .

the cone blew off so we glude it back on hope it works .
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy