dd151.9 Show full post »
Nate K.
Box looks good Audio....
Quote 0 0
dd151.9
Ok next question.....it seems that the bottom pass subs wants to unload before the other subs. Will putting dividers in between the subs help this effect?? Also John how the hell did u get 44 cubes to work for 2 18's?? I have 4 9515 in 18 cubes and I can make them over excurt @ 50hz with 4000 watts each. I guess if I get the pressure to move out of the box in phase I wouldnt have this issue??
Quote 0 0
john-hone
i am an old school guy man. im all about large efficent boxes. to answer your question its all about loading. building back pressure. you already mentioned dividers. i just call them loading walls. try something around each sub. about say enough to just cover the basket. it will be a good start. yes play with the length. find the loudest. for the record i have seen a gain from doing this.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
Quote:
Originally posted by dd151.9:
Ok next question.....it seems that the bottom pass subs wants to unload before the other subs. Will putting dividers in between the subs help this effect?? Also John how the hell did u get 44 cubes to work for 2 18's?? I have 4 9515 in 18 cubes and I can make them over excurt @ 50hz with 4000 watts each. I guess if I get the pressure to move out of the box in phase I wouldnt have this issue??
in my opinion your box should be about 28 cubes.
Quote 0 0
dd151.9
Thanks John. Really appreciated!!
Quote 0 0
MaSa
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisfish:
Not walls for me. I am a trunk guy. ]
How this have worked?
Quote 0 0
shocked mustang
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dd151.9:
in my opinion your box should be about 28 cubes.
So going with 2 15s should be around 14 cu ? Just asking im workin on a 2 15 setup
Quote 0 0
john-hone
id start with 20. shrinking is way easier that making bigger,
Quote 0 0
AudioAnonymous
Quote:
So very true yet I see people do the opposite all the time.
Quote 0 0
shocked mustang
Quote:
The biggest ive got room for is 15.5 how much port area is a good place to start with ?

[ 10-23-2011, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: shocked mustang ]
Quote 0 0
john-hone
Again its easier to go smaller than bigger. I always go with making the baffle go at least half way across the opening. Then add until it is loudest. Go a lil farther to make sure. Test and document. Test test test. Document.
Quote 0 0
HACKMUNCH
imo the angle is for stanging wav cancelation, and wav propagation. we made 4 18 work in 65cft.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy