Boogie Woogie
why would rockford fosgate make a single voice coil 8 ohm sub it's retarded my friend has them and they are hard to get loud why would they do such a thing?
Quote 0 0
LowFreq
Your friend probably needs to buy more subs, get the load down. I'm finding single 8ohm coils handy right now. I can run 8 speakers off 1 amp.
Quote 0 0
SLAB
there used to be a time when anything but single 8 and single 4 ohm coils were all there was....

damn kids!!!
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
And D 6s...
Quote 0 0
SLAB
oh yeah!! i even have a pair of old W6s right now
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
he got kicker comp vr c12 he got new subs but the rockfords confused the crap out of me
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
I am using a single voice coil 8 ohm 15" (Cerwin Vega 'VEGA' series).

Most anyone that has heard my sound or knows the sub will tell you that sub is hella LOUD & LOW!

Might also be the Old School Rockford Fosgate Punch 150 from 89 bridged to it, the Stinger SP1700 & it being a Hatchback!
Quote 0 0
SLAB
Quote:
Originally posted by RFVega115:

Most anyone that has heard my sound or knows the sub will tell you that sub is hella LOUD & LOW!

Might also be the Old School Rockford Fosgate Punch 150 from 89 bridged to it, the Stinger SP1700 & it being a Hatchback!
in what year did you have that setup???
im thinking i need to find an old 280 or 2160 to use with my never seen power blue thunder 15
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
My friend, surprisingly, has a Punch 75 that I want to get my hands on.
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by SLAB:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RFVega115:

In what year did you have that setup???
The same set up since 1989 basically.

Still have the same box, just instead of 1 3" port, now 2 4" ports tuned to 35 Hz (3.5 cu ft). I could wall it, but I would rather have my backseat. Always ran 1 15" (Rockford Punch/Pro & Crunch). Started with the CV VEGA in 1999 and haven't looked back since.

Started with 1 Punch 45, 45 & 75, 75 & 150 and finally 2 RF Punch 150's since 89-90 to present.

Ran the RF PA-1HD pre-amp eq & RF XV-1 electronic x-over since 89 to present.

Started with RF Punch components till 2003. Now RF FRC/HPC Coaxials from 2000.

Purchased the Stinger Batteries in 2005. Still run my multi-batt isolator since 90.

To Sum Up: Been slowly upgrading since 1989 with RF Old School Amps, EQ & x-over to Newer School sub, coaxials & batts.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
yea back in the day u wanted svc8ohm so you could run a pair and get a 4ohm load to a stereo amp...
Quote 0 0
kenneth
Quote:
Originally posted by adam212:
why would rockford fosgate make a single voice coil 8 ohm sub it's retarded my friend has them and they are hard to get loud why would they do such a thing?
why would your friend buy an 8 ohm sub if he knew that he wouldnt be able to get the right configuration out of it? thats a better question i think. rf makes it for options, not for people who dont want it to complain about it later.
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
Quote:
why would your friend buy an 8 ohm sub if he knew that he wouldnt be able to get the right configuration out of it? thats a better question i think. rf makes it for options, not for people who dont want it to complain about it later.
he is a jock ,not much in to car audio he knew he wanted bass so he bought the speakers from yet another jock, and tells me to make them loud
so he really didn't know what he was buying at the time
Quote 0 0
kenneth
ah i see. well they would be well utilized to have eight of them. ha ha. put those babies on a 1 ohm stable amp and it would prob sound pretty darn good. i used to know some guys who did that with those soundstream mule subs, had it on a human reign amp in the bed of a truck. lol. it was fairly loud though, but more for show.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy