marcmdm2005
I might be moving to St. Augustine Florida next year.

Anyone have any suggestions, comment, thoughts, Anything??
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I used to live about an hour or so from St. Augustine and I've had several friends live there.

St. Augustine and Crescent beach are fairly nice. Jacksonville would only be about 20 minutes away. Daytona, probably just over an hour. Orlando, maybe 2hours.

There are lots of GREAT seafood restaurants in St.Augy. I like "The Conch House." Oscar's is a tiny hole in the wall, if you can find it, with great food and hushpuppies half the size of a big fist. It's a nice touristy town if you go to the old part of the city. In fact, the oldest city in the continental USA. Visit the old fort if you get a chance and like history. There's a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum. Still just great food everywhere.

Lots of beach homes mixed in the dunes and sea oates. I see you live in Nebraska, so it'll be a huge change of scenery, for the better. You can either live a very slow, or fast paced life there.

Oh, and another thing, i think about ten years ago in was about a 6 to 1 ratio of women to men. And the women there are hot. It's just a fact.
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Alrighty thank you D

Anyone else wanna chime in?
Quote 0 0
JBM
St Aug has some cool stuff to see, it's a great little city. The beaches up and down the coast are great...you can even drive on the beach down in daytona.

There's lots to do in Florida...you'll like it a lot! Plus, there's lots of db drag shows down here.
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
I've been in the area a few times and I liked it... but I'd be very wary about moving down there because of the spill. I imagine things will change a lot there soon (dunno in what ways, but not knowing is reason enough to wait). Now they're estimating that about 1.5 million gallons per day is still leaking into the gulf, which is far more than previous estimates, and it is going to be a least another month of it before it can be stopped, and months more after that before oil will slowly start to stop coming ashore. it's going to be hell, and I'd stay away.

But that's me. just too risky atm. wait til jan or so to see how things look is my advice.
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Well it wouldn't be until at least March or so of next year!!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
just in time for SpringBreak Nationals ...errr...ummmm. I mean Finals
Quote 0 0
PHATRAX
The spill is in the Gulf of mexico. St Augustine is on the Atlantic Ocean. The oil would have to make it into the Gulf Stream in order for it to make it up the Atlantic Coast. It could happen but chances are real slim.

[ 06-20-2010, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: PHATRAX ]
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Alrighty PHAT appreciate it!!!
Quote 0 0
Pitbull
hot, humid, hurricanes, huge bugs and 5464684684684645 cubans/mexicans/dominicans/ricans aka no english
Quote 0 0
tprj82
Quote:
Originally posted by Pitbull:
hot, humid, hurricanes, huge bugs and 5464684684684645 cubans/mexicans/dominicans/ricans aka no english
x2
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
**** there not very much English here
Quote 0 0
goodtunes1978
i hate florida ton o wanna b gangstas thar gettin tha smakdown...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy