bassjunkie
Here's my problem, i drive my S10 Blazer about 50 miles a day and the last few days it ran like you know what. I check the oil after it sits for about 20 minutes and it claims there's no oil, so i add about 2 to 3 quarts , i check it 10 minutes later and suddenly i am 2 to 4 quarts over. Why is that? I have never seen this before. I am dumbfounded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This isn't the 1st time this has happened.
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
are you sure its oil when you check it?

Its not watery or red like trans fluid?
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
No, it's absolutely dry. I have an oil relocation kit and it has a small leak in each hose si i have a bad oil leak problem. I have 2 add about a quart per day. When driving it u can really tell when it's low.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
maybe the dipstick is broken
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
nope,someone told me it coulb be the oil pump basically shooting all my oil to the upper part of my engine so when i check it it says empty. What's that??
Quote 0 0
1LOUDSUV
Even if it shoots it all to the top it should drain to the bottom very fast unless you have an ish load of slush

Maybe you just checked it wrong? That would be my guess
Quote 0 0
screechie
I think what is happening is those S10 dip sticks are long so even though you push it all the way down it maybe got bent inside the dip stick housing thus giving an incorrect reading,TIP put about a 30 degree angle bend at the very end of dip stick if it does'nt already have one.
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Why does it only do it 2 times out of 10000 then?
Quote 0 0
jimmyrat
Could be your return ports are partially to mostly plugged.
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
get a bottle of engine cleaner the motor probably has a ton of built up sludge
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
are you checking on a level surface every time?
Quote 0 0
goodtunes1978
add a qt of marvel every 5 qts you put in maybe all sludged up in the top all oil staying up there not good

put something in that will disperse all that slowly dont want it to fast then it will all get stuck in the oil pickup tube and you will be pullin the pan b4 to long hows the underside of your oil cap look
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Checked every time on level ground, duh!! Added Marvel and have seafoamed the enging several times.....i lovr to smoke out the neighbors, so funny....lol
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
No longer have to worry about this darn truck, traded it for a 1977 Dodge D150 Power Wagon. Now i have to figure out how to get 2 12's behind the seat.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy