Notloudenuf
Thinking about getting one. Anybody own one or have installed in one yet?

Opinions?
Quote 0 0
Wanna-B-Basshead
my buddy had one, its was fun for a little car
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Buddy has one... I installed a HU+ipod adapter in it... was pretty easy to work on.
Quote 0 0
Oatbag
I own an 05 Mazda 3 Sport (Hatchback). It's been pretty good. It's a lot of fun to drive for its price. Mechanically there have not been any problems at all.

The rear brake discs and rotors needed replacing too early I felt and the stock tires wear out really fast as well if they are the Eagle RSAs.

I got the standard and I feel that the shifter is a bit notchy and it can be hard to get it into reverse sometimes. Really those are the only bad things I can say about it. My wife drives an 07 Honda Element and I much prefer driving the Mazda. Get some nice tires and maybe a set of springs and a rear sway and you will be rocking (I have not done springs and sway yet).

Ah yea -- also the MPG is not as good as you think it would be. I average around 20 mpg - granted it's mostly city driving. We do have some awesome narrow winding highways around here too though.

Mazda3 Forumsis a great resource you may want to check out.
Quote 0 0
Notloudenuf
Thanks for the info Oatbag. 20mpg!!?! that sucks...bad! Which engine do you have.

I am thinking of this car primarily for gas mileage and 20 ain't gonna cut it.
Quote 0 0
Pitbull
ford focus
Quote 0 0
Oatbag
I have the 2.3L engine; I forgot to mention that I had the GT. I hear there are people getting around 44 mpg with the 2.0L engine, but I think they are driving pretty damn slow to pull it off. On that forum there are several threads about gas mileage.

I am definitely on the lower end of the mileage scale for an unmodified car. I have made an effort to drive more gas friendly for an entire tank of gas but I always end up forgetting and hammering the corners as hard as I can.

I think if you test drive it versus the other hatches in the price point you would find it hard to buy one of the other ones.
Quote 0 0
JohnnyKo12
My buddy just got an 08 hatch, he dropped a basslink in there and said it was pretty easy install. Then again it isn't too much of a system.

Also, it sounds surprisingly good with an exhaust and CAI
Quote 0 0
Notloudenuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Pitbull:
ford focus
Volvo S40
Quote 0 0
Oatbag
Ok this fill up I did about 25 mpg. I have no idea what was different. Still like 80% city driving. Traffic has been heavier, maybe it's slowing my launches down. Funny you mention the volvo s40. I understand that it uses the same chassis as the s40 and the euro model ford focus.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
I have a Ford Focus ZX3, and from what I understand that it's a similar car to the Mazda. I love mine. I get 28mpg in the city and 33mpg on the highway. The best I've ever gotten overall gas milage is 31. It's also a pretty damn loud car. I've been able to do a 148.6 with two Sundown Nightshades and a Crunch Gp 3000D. 150's shouldn't be hard to get out of either of those car's at all.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy