ryan...
hey all

I've got a DD z1 and im wondering what peoples views are on them.

So far i've had very little use of it since january when I bought it.
Within a few weeks of using it one of the filtering caps went pop so I bought 8 new caps from DD and got all 8 replaced.

Since then it developed a problem where it would turn off randomly then just stopped turning on all together. Its currently in Germany getting looked at and hopefully getting fixed.

I've ended doing 129.9 and street c with 250wrms and a budget 8 year old kenwood 12" this season.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the Z1?

The kit that im running with my Z1 is an Atomic APXX12 D1 @ 0.5ohm and a redflash 3500 battery. Last time it was tested I did 145's, another reason why im not entirely happy with it as my target for this season was around the 148 mark
Quote 0 0
BlackIce
One Z1 is a great amp. Dropped a 151 in a buddies CRX with one Z1 and 2 9512's.
We ran into problems trying to get them to run strapped, blew 2 of them. They'd run for a while, then the slave would blow for no real reason.

Sorry to hear yours is giving issues. Once its repaired it should give you a big reliable power.
Quote 0 0
Father Yuli
playing music on that amp kills it. it's not a musical amp at all.

but spl wise that's the best 3k amp ever made.
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
Z1 have some little problems, but when they fixed its a very good amp, playing music @ 0,125Ohm and give you 4000+++ Watts

And no, playing music kills no amp, only wrong boxes, too less current and the wrong user!
Quote 0 0
DD-Rexen
I play music all day long in events with my Z1
And it's no problems,,
I had one problem with it when I got it just turn on and of, so I send it for repair and now it work with no problems..

Quote 0 0
ryan...
I know its pretty hard to tell, near on impossible but anyone got any ideas what I should be hitting running a Z1 @ 0.5ohm powering an atomic APXX12 in a 2.3cft box tuned to 40hz in a 5dr civic hatch.

The box did 138.1 with 250wrms with a 12" kenwood
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Ryan, you already answered your own question, there are toooooo many other things that come into play, example, temp,weather,battery power,car seats etc.. small changes make big differences, all you can do is test, change things and test again.
Quote 0 0
ryan...
that is very true mate.
Was kinda hoping someone was running a similar setup in the same car but im yet to see anyone use the car I have in DBDrag lol
Quote 0 0
stany
No personal experi
[stanystats]
Quote 0 0
bluewagon
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonofthor:
Z1 have some little problems, but when they fixed its a very good amp, playing music @ 0,125Ohm and give you 4000+++ Watts

And no, playing music kills no amp, only wrong boxes, too less current and the wrong user!
And lemme guess, you ran that amp at .125ohms all day long and nothing happend right. I find that hard to believe.lol
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by DD-Rexen:
And it's no problems,,
I had one problem with it when I got it just turn on and of, so I send it for repair and now it work with no problems..

WOW thats a nice setup!!!! Sorry had to say that.
Quote 0 0
DD-Rexen
Quote:
Originally posted by casperskafs:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DD-Rexen:
And it's no problems,,

WOW thats a nice setup!!!! Sorry had to say that.
Thanx ...
Quote 0 0
Gavin
I gotta say it too. that's a nice build.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy