Mr Singh Show full post »
Mr Singh
Absolutley Paul!

I made the box as big as I could knowing that we would need to reduce it. Currently the port exit on the clam is 31" away from the back of the wall. I'm planing on halfing this. This should bring my tuning upto around 32Hz. If this works it should bring up my note 4Hz. I need to test a little more with a new screen to find the current peak, fingers crossed that screen holds!

Not quite 170dB, 10dB off though I still need to find the peak oh and turn it up
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
Mr.Singh pm sent hope that helps your problem.
Quote 0 0
The Natural
AM...I think I found what you need...


Click here to see Spinel Transparent Ceramic material


I hate to see what it will cost, but you have to admit that it's pretty tough!
Quote 0 0
The Natural
In all seriousness...I think I can find a company that will laminate a layer of polycarbonate between two factory windshield, without charging an arm and a leg for it.

I'm waiting on some emails to be returned now, if they can't do it, we'll do it ourselves.
Quote 0 0
Kim
This Ford Escort Van (Express) had three windsheilds if I
Quote 0 0
Mr Singh
Quote:
Originally posted by The Natural:
AM...I think I found what you need...


Click here to see Spinel Transparent Ceramic material


I hate to see what it will cost, but you have to admit that it's pretty tough!
That looks pretty damn stout to me

I'm sure it comes with a pricetag!!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Natural:
In all seriousness...I think I can find a company that will laminate a layer of polycarbonate between two factory windshield, without charging an arm and a leg for it.

I'm waiting on some emails to be returned now, if they can't do it, we'll do it ourselves.
Keep us updated with that, I've just had a new screen fitted today and its actually about as thick as the stock OEM was. Better atleast than that rubbish they put in a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by Kim:
This Ford Escort Van (Express) had three windsheilds if I
Quote 0 0
The Natural
I received the first email back from the vehicle armor guys. The good news is, they can do it. The bad news is, they DO want an arm and a leg!

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------
We've done this in the past for other clients. We can definitely
manufacture the windshields and pricing is as follows:

22mm thick glass-clad polycarbonate (retains OEM appearance) windshield:
$4,950.00 USD + shipping
40mm thick glass-clad polycarbonate (retains OEM appearance) windshield:
$6,500.00 USD + shipping

The windshields are curved, have excellent optical quality, and are
extremely heavy duty.
-------------------------------------------------

Quote 0 0
Mr Singh
HAH!

Maybe they think we be taking Obama out for a ride in it for that price.

Security film looking ever more appealing.
Quote 0 0
Kim
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Singh:



What kind of screen did that have in the end?

That pics is with the laminated windscreens.

Now days that car has 10cm thick plexi, but it doesn
Quote 0 0
The Natural
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Singh:
HAH!

Security film looking ever more appealing.
Agreed!
Quote 0 0
Cactus Sounds
Quote:
Originally posted by The Natural:
I received the first email back from the vehicle armor guys. The good news is, they can do it. The bad news is, they DO want an arm and a leg!

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------
We've done this in the past for other clients. We can definitely
manufacture the windshields and pricing is as follows:

22mm thick glass-clad polycarbonate (retains OEM appearance) windshield:
$4,950.00 USD + shipping
40mm thick glass-clad polycarbonate (retains OEM appearance) windshield:
$6,500.00 USD + shipping

The windshields are curved, have excellent optical quality, and are
extremely heavy duty.
-------------------------------------------------

Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I know a FLAT piece of 1.125" laminated 2ftx4ft cost about $950-$1000 retail. That's just a flat piece like what is used for high-pressure liquid propane mass storage tanks
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy