A while ago i purchased an Astro. It is in pretty rough shape, but over winter I hope to make it look respectable and have it play a loud number. The Class I am building it for will be Street Max 1-2. Subs are the older style Cactus Sounds, Amps still haven't been purchased but will be Soundigital. Hope to have the box done before Scott has his typhoon burping again. Between racing with Scott and having this build topic I hope to stay motivated. The goal is 160. Feel free to add any comments or ideas throughout the progress of this build. Here is some pics of the van when I bought it to start this topic off:

Quote 0 0
170typhoon
woot! more pics! kyle and i are racing to see who gets theirs playing first
Quote 0 0
Unicron
Man, I recently had my Astro crushed. It had 5 dd9515's in it with 5 MA 802sx's. It was ok, it just lacked voltage. Anyway, good luck on the build and get Scott to work on his. Gotta mess with ya man.
Quote 0 0
170typhoon
Quote 0 0
Update: Did some work on getting rid of the whole 2 tone paint scheme.....

Still a long ways to go....
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Good luck. I personally like 4 18s for that class but again best of luck and keep us posted.
Quote 0 0
I might upgrade to 4 18s later on down the road, but the build will only have 2 to start. These are the subs i have.

Quote 0 0
Ron caravan man
Start with purchasing alot of o gauge for one! really good battery or several batteries to test with Powermaster,kinetik,stinger,batcap,aftermarket alternator etc,, the big three!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i dunno that the alternator or multiple batteries will help much, since it's StreetMAX. but lots of 0ga for sure.
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron caravan man:
Start with purchasing alot of o gauge for one! really good battery or several batteries to test with Powermaster,kinetik,stinger,batcap,aftermarket alternator etc,, the big three!
if he wants a 160 he can elminate stinger, kinetik and powermaster. Hes going to need a multicell obviously.

Id imagine he goes with a cactus batt.

Moar pics!
Quote 0 0
Team Innovative Shaun
I would say to start on the powerwire and some buss bars. No need to jump head first into a battery, the new rules aren't even out so there is a chance the class gets eliminated. I will if you want anymore advise feel free to ask, I will be glad to help anyone in my class(or any other).
Quote 0 0
I am looking for around 500 feet of 1/0 or 2/0 wire. I already have built custom buss bars to accommodate this much wire. I think I will talk to a few different companies to see if they can give me a bulk or competitor price on wire in return for advertising their product. Depending on the price, I may also end up using solid copper bars from the front to back. For a battery, I currently have an optima group 31, powermaster 3100 and nsb90 all for testing. I will wait for the rules before buying a multi cell.

And a build topic isn't very good without pics so here is some pics of the buss bars I have built.

Quote 0 0
and just like a car needs fuel to run... so does this build. This build is fueled by alcohols... Still waiting for stany to send me some jupiler, lol

Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
love the distro blocks bro killer job on them and hope u get to the 160
Quote 0 0
Ron caravan man
Nice blocks! second the motion on the alcohol, I'd be suprised if streetmax is done away with!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy