AcidikBass20
I have heard that it depends ALOT on the spiders, and that the larger spider you go, the more control you loose over your linear movement, which would affect your SQ. Like, the TRFs use a 7.5 inch spider or something, and the TSNS uses a 10 inch spider. Now I have heard that the coil on the TSNS (or equivelant woofer) can get torn up because the coil will start to rock in the gap at high movement levels. Technically, from my logic, a smaller spider would prevent this. True? When picking a daily woofer to beat on, does this matter? I could defiantly think it does, but I am getting some other opinions. What do you guys think about ideal spider size. The compremise of SQ to SPL. I have been doing some research on CACO, and learned about spider spacers and how they work. Any ideas on those?
Quote 0 0
HHR_Ed_T3guy
Like I was saying, There is more to a spider than just vertical stiffness. There is also horizontal stiffness. And the rate and height of the peaks and valleys determine this.

The spiders we have designed for the new TSNS take this all into consideration, so that even at 6" of excursion, they will keep the coil centered in the gap.

We also use multiple spiders spaced out from eachother. This helps keep everything linear as well.

And the large diameter allows for further travel.
Quote 0 0
AcidikBass20
and as i was saying ED, your my hero. either way I go, I like the way the TSNS is built, so I think my heart is set on it. how do I get the ball moving? just wait til mid january?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy