N130Gv2
Anyone run their Atomics daily? I was thinking of getting a 7K and running it @ 2ohms for daily, and .5 for burps.

By daily, I mean, hours per day.

Anyone ever had problems running them daily? I have 2 batts, 2/0 wire and a 200amp HO alt.

Thanks for your input.
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
I understand that you want to playloud for long periods with this amp, but why would you wire to 2ohm for daily? the amp will make clean power and not overheat @1ohm starting...unless you are using a pair of d2 woofers.

Regardless, that amp will do fine to play music.
Quote 0 0
N130Gv2
Yes, pair of D2 15's.

I don't need HUGE power for daily. Just more for comps.

[ 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: N130Gv2 ]
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
you wont have any problems. atomic uses zenon pcb and they are strong...
Quote 0 0
Brutal Bass
you'll be fine. been using atomic for daily for 6 years now
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Just don't mount the amp to the box, make a separate mount for the amp. The boards don't handle vibrations too well, they'll do ok on burps. But playing music they may not last long and you'll end up frying the amp.
Quote 0 0
Brutal Bass
I'd never mount any amp on a box.. mine is on a separate platform with a few inches of mdf to soak up any vibrations.
Quote 0 0
Hardcore RS
indeed, look out with vibrations.

i use http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiigwDg30U5qjRM8jGMhGEkW6lUVu1e1rTKTssz-f_LSgStVw&t=1&usg=__olc7wD0j12WCHCgYNMLSEilBUhg= and they work great!
Quote 0 0
odog
it would be fine daily
Quote 0 0
fofo
Yes, pair of D2 15's. [Wink]I don't need HUGE power for daily. Just more for comps. 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: N130Gv2
This ain't no clothing shop!

[ 11-05-2010, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Gavin ]
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
I've been running my Atomic 5000.1 daily for a few weeks now with no issues. It's wired to .5 but with rise its 1.5.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy