Jeremy Weber Show full post »
bangin hoe
Quote:
Originally posted by 18inchjeepin:
I agree its stupid, that 139.9+ can be in the
you cant blame a judge for enforcing the rules
enforcing half the rules... I dont recall signing any waivers for bassrace at greg zollers show, nor did he provide me any hearing protection for bassrace.

If wayne wants these rules enforced he should have his judges provide hearing protection.

Jeremy weber provides hearing protection for 140+ db vehicles but was never offered or told put these on by greg zoller..
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Listen, you talk about whining???

Im just a Judge, for me it doesnt matter where this video was taken. If in Sweden, Germany, Italy, USA, Panama or other places. I just ask who let him sit, because its against the rules...
And after Matt answered and told he have to read again the rulebook i just gave him the Information for the rule.

After this you startet to blame me cause enforcing the rules and you startet to whine against the europeans... Man, how old are you that you start to cry about "stupid" rules...
If you dont like the rules, STOP Competing!!! or give us Ideas how to make better rules.
But you think that the europeans only do the rules. WRONG!
The Judges from all country where last year involved into the rules discussion. The last years more US judges where more involved than the euros (exept 4 or 5 judges from here). So now think about your comment and read also the rules. If a Judge at your show dont take care about this "stupid in your eyes rule" its not my problem if you start at finals and the Head will dq you.
Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i try to explain to you.

And now for you: Next time, if you have a problem with the rules or a Judge or with privat live, write a pm or a mail.

Thank you

Mike
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
AudioAnonymous
Personally, I don't see a problem with it but it is against the rules. The people that sit in the car aren't going to World Finals or trying to break World Records. Just local competitors having a good time.

So the question is, should you turn away competitors just because they don't have a remote or a podium for a car that they bring to shows or do you relax a rule, let them enjoy the show, help support the show, the judges, the organization, the hosts and everything else?
Quote 0 0
Team Maxxsonics - John
Quote:
Originally posted by dB Drag Feldjaeger:

Im just a Judge, for me it doesnt matter where this video was taken. If in Sweden, Germany, Italy, USA, Panama or other places. I just ask who let him sit, because its against the rules...
And after Matt answered and told he have to read again the rulebook i just gave him the Information for the rule.

After this you startet to blame me cause enforcing the rules and you startet to whine against the europeans... Man, how old are you that you start to cry about "stupid" rules...
If you dont like the rules, STOP Competing!!! or give us Ideas how to make better rules.
The Judges from all country where last year involved into the rules discussion. The last years more US judges where more involved than the euros (exept 4 or 5 judges from here). So now think about your comment and read also the rules. If a Judge at your show dont take care about this "stupid in your eyes rule" its not my problem if you start at finals and the Head will dq you.
Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i try to explain to you.

And now for you: Next time, if you have a problem with the rules or a Judge or with privat live, write a pm or a mail.

Thank you

Mike
You are 100% correct Mike.
I'm glad you took the high road.
I'm sure you had more to say but knew better.
Quote 0 0
bangin hoe
Quote:
Originally posted by AudioAnonymous:
Personally, I don't see a problem with it but it is against the rules. The people that sit in the car aren't going to World Finals or trying to break World Records. Just local competitors having a good time.

So the question is, should you turn away competitors just because they don't have a remote or a podium for a car that they bring to shows or do you relax a rule, let them enjoy the show, help support the show, the judges, the organization, the hosts and everything else?
Very well said!

Quote:
Originally posted by dB Drag Feldjaeger:

Thank you

Mike
Correct location does not matter!

I know 2 of the judges very well, and a 3rd that cant find his a$$ from a hole in the ground. Sadly 1 judge has retired and I looked up to him a lot, if it wasnt for him I wouldnt of found myself doing side jobs for installnet.com on school bus's. But it seems like since this judge left DB Drag Wayne has listened to anyone about anything.
It goes in 1 ear and out the other!

But, why are you taking your personal time to come online and attack another judge about his decisions? Shows how much you are wanting this world wide sport to grow imo!

If your so manly and Im a child like your presume me to be, why didnt you goto Wayne Harris and say such and such judge is allowing 140+dbs to run db drag WITH hearing protection but inside the car?

Oh I know why, because its easier to come online and call someone out. Im sure you know Jeremys number, or maybe a PM about it? Just ideas..

It seems no one else has an issue with it, but you and Greg Zoller, the guy who cant tell the difference between a positive and negative power wire on a amp...

About the alternator rule.. Ive asked several times about this rule since I found out after my alternators where installed and before the rules where finalized per the rule change thread, and as of today still no change..

How many extreme vehicles do you know run 3+ alternators?
Better yet, how many extreme vehicles are running when in the lane. ZERO!

It seems like the only rule that has changed is "Power wires must be ran inside the shell of the vhicle" which basicly means it can be under the carpet, along the frame rail on the underside of the body, but can not be ran over the top of the vehicle.
Wow that rule really changed db drag a lot... LMAO!

So anyways back to the hearing protection thing. AudioAnonymous made some very good points. Which I also tried to explain...
Most of our competitors "at least in WI/IL/MN" are the average every day driver vehcile.
They come to a sound comp. They dont know what db drag is, what the rules are, or even care. To them it is just a sound comp. half of them dont even play tones anywhere near their peak frequency. You can explain the rules to them many times over and over but most wont understand. It took me a good while when I started out to know right from wrong..

There is a carclub/team in the Chicago IL area of 30 or so guys with 150+db daily drivers that mostly have wall, and will rarely go to a DBDRA competition, and there reason behind that is because they dont have an external headunit and think it is senseless to buy since they are all about the demoing.

So another question to you is:
What class are these first time competitors a spouse to compete in?

Dont say "Street stock a/b/c" because 75+% do not even fall into this class, Why? Because the average person that goes to a story and buys a pair of 10s or 12s with a prefab box and a 1000-2000wrms amp will easily do a 140db or higher.
So now that means these first time competitors that never been to a db drag compensation let alone a sound off, need to be outside their vehicle with a 2nd headunit, a remote, or podium. Which 9 times out of 10 they dont have or their remote wont work thru window tint, or the signal is too weak..

So now like Geoff said, what is the judge to do? say oh man you cant compete because you are too loud and dont know the rules at your first sound competition? Hell, they could of went to 10 dbdra events and still only know or remember 1/4th the rules....

While on the topic of street stock rules, it says 2000watt limit for street stock b, correct.
Now how is this 2000watts determined?
Is it by:
manufacture ratings at 1ohm
manufacture ratings at 2ohm
manufacture ratings at 4ohm
is it by peak clamp power
is it by rms clamp power

Whoever was "genius" enough to make this rule was not genius enough to set a rule determining how the wattage is measure.

Going a step farther on this, if it is to be measure by clamped power I think Wayne needs to buy every judge 2 identical clamp meters and 2 identical digital multimeters (since you run up to 2 cars in the lanes at once).

Even tho most judges already half a DMM, to be fair Every Judge needs to run the same utensils otherwise what WILL happen (not may happen) is a competitor may be legit at judges show, but illegal at anothers. Im pretty sure we all know the difference between readings of a quality fluke meter vs some $20 Walmart special that is not TRUE RMS, or a "Peakhold" feature to make sure voltage does not go over the max limit for desired class.

And my last question of the night is:
Why is it legal to sit in the vehicle with hearing protection for bassrace but not dbdrag?
What is the big deal?
If you are a serious competitor and or when you become serious (which most of those who attend around here are not) they will know what their vehicle likes and dislikes, and when they lose on their score because they are blocking air flow they will not sit in the vehicle when in the lanes

But yes I am so wrong, and you are so right Mike!!!!
Quote 0 0
Corey J.
I see it as ...........I am allowed 2 people in my van during a 158.5 bassrace run but cant allow them to be in it for 159.3 for 2 seconds? What is more brutal ????????
Quote 0 0
bangin hoe
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey J.:
I see it as ...........I am allowed 2 people in my van during a 158.5 bassrace run but cant allow them to be in it for 159.3 for 2 seconds? What is more brutal ????????
Wow, forgot all about that Mr. Jacobson!
Thanks for making my statements even bolder and to the point.

In my own opinion and Im sure many others opinion Corey Jacobson is as serious as serious competitors come.

That being said, Corey I believe is a 2 time world champion correct?

So this serious Db Drag competitor for the most part gave up on db drag, and went a totally different direction in his vehicle and went for the demo side of competitions as well as still doing 159.9 bassrace, and is off to one great start!

So incase you missed this video (Greg and Mike) here is Corey Js bassrace run with 2 people inside, wearing hearing protection.

According to the rules this video below is 100% Legal, 30 seconds full of nose ripping pressure that made it near impossible for me to see, let alone breath!

and FYI, Corey bassraces a 158.5db with his current setup, but with my bigger body mass inside the vehicle he was 1 decibal down. So again, its not like sitting in your vehicle for a db drag run will always gain your score, it can hurt too, so its not a valid reason to not allow competitors to be in their vehicle during metering.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Wow, now i am really impressed...
first
Quote:

If your so manly and Im a child like your presume me to be, why didnt you goto Wayne Harris and say such and such judge is allowing 140+dbs to run db drag WITH hearing protection but inside the car?
I really dont know if the reason you write crap like this that you can not read. I didnt say in any word that you are a child, just ask "How old are you?"...

Quote:
But, why are you taking your personal time to come online and attack another judge about his decisions? Shows how much you are wanting this world wide sport to grow imo!
I did not attack another Judge, if you read the text correct, you see there is a smiley at the end of the text, after i was JUST asking! But you are right, it really shows how much i like this Sport with an Worldwide identical Rulebook.

Quote:

It seems no one else has an issue with it, but you and Greg Zoller, the guy who cant tell the difference between a positive and negative power wire on a amp...
And you tell me, that i was attacking a Judge?

See, in the whole life there are rules everywhere.
Job, Traffic, etc... also in dB Drag Racing.
Sure there are some rules what we all have to think about.
But these are the rules for now.
Everyday some rule change from the politican for the traffic, for the job, for insurance, etc...
Why, because there where rules made, and we have to follow them. But in daily life everything changes... So the rules changes also..
Now in dB Drag there are rules, you have to follow them or stop. Now there have to be made some changes in rules. Thats correct what you say.
And we are not thinking about different rules since yesterday, no, everyday we Judges try to do the rules, that they are the best for everyone. But, like in real life, someone like, someone did not like. But that will happend every single day...
So, if you have ideas to make all things better, please write a rulebook what is better and which is good for everyone.
Sorry again for my bad english and without being angry on you, cause now i know your point of view, i hope we can do it better next time.

Regards
Mike
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
bangin hoe
These few simple rules I disagree with have been previously brought up time and time again, before the 2010 rule books came out, even before the season has started..

Wayne dont seem to care to make changes that are not only for the better of 1 person but for the entire competitor base.

Saying if you dont like the rules, quit is not the answer..

Sad but true, many people have quit due to the lack of waynes participation on wanting to change such simple rules for competition, but then changes rules that literitly have zero effect on the sport (like the power wire issue for example). So since these rules never changed no matter how many competitors agreed on, they said screw it and either retired completely or went to another competition format.

As for me attacking a judge, its perfectly fine..
He talked crap about me behind my back to my friend at the show we drove 7 hours one way to. He treated me with no respect so right back at him!
A judge attacking another judge is not the same. You are to be roll models to us! LOL
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
i got 2nd for being in my daily driver during my burp but i knew it was against the rules but i wasnt about to be outside my vehicle on a mid 20hz burp. its way more fun inside looking out at everyone elses faces.
Quote 0 0
bangin hoe
^^^^^LMAO!
25hz ftw!
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
honestly i think the rule is dumb as hell but i think promoters should offer up a class non db drag for people using their daily drivers that want to set in their vehicles during a burp. thats why im going up to the WI regionals. im not going for the points so why would i ever want to pay for dbdrag or bassrace if im not going for points. i think every judge should offer up a couple classes for people not actually going to a db drag for points but more for participation reasons. make it cheap enough to help out the cost of trophies and what not but it will probably get more participation than db drag sadly.

honestly the rule is dumb db drag vs bassrace but they have been in the rules for ages so its not like its a new rule. i wasnt mad because i got dq'd and got 2nd place even though i was louder. i knew i was wrong so i wasnt too worried about it. he was at the show for points and i wasnt. yes the guy only got 1 more point which is funny because it was a 1x but thats just the name of the game.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Some words coming from a new competitor for 2011. Only been to 2 shows and on a term lab once.

I'm so confused about rules here and there even though I read them over and over. One show I went to (won't say where) there were no forms or hearing protection no matter what class or db's you were doing. The other show Slamology 2010 people were outside the vehicle.

I'm doing my first build which is a spl car but also one I can drive around if I want but I won't drive it daily. I'm so confused and kinda frustrated with the hearing protection rules. I hooked up my headunit so it would go outside my car cause I though that was what I needed to do. It was a pain and I really don't like it. I have a pioneer flip screen that I wanna use instead because I want my first build to look nice and I want to be proud of everything about it. I can't or just really don't want to hook up my flip screen outside the car so I have to go and look for a remote for it and pay an extra like $70 for a remote I don't really want.

I understand rules are rules but most people I see competing expecially the loud ones are adults and I don't understand why they can't decide for themselves whether they need their ears to be protected. The remote I found for my headunit has had some bad reviews about the pause button not working and sometimes the volume buttons not working. I'd hate to goto my first real competition show with my new build and look like a fool because my remote doesn't work. Or get upset because I lost points for sitting in my vehicle.

I am doing a street B build but had a friend wanting to do a cheaper set up like street stock but I was also confused about amps allowed for like street stock B. Like what amps are allowed I had one guy tell me it all comes down to clamped power. I thought street stock was for new competitors and store bought things or kind of cheaper things. I told my friend that maybe like a crunch GP 2000 might be good but if he goes against a sundown 2000 for example he will get smoked. So confused on so many rules.

Just my opinion but I think one rule should be if you've competed or been on a term lab less than lets say 20 times you should get a break on some rules so you can learn a little not be made a fool of and scared away.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy