Gavin Show full post »
D-Bass
for the frequencies that astro's peak, and the amount of power you have available(48kW RATED on 12V), 10cf per 18" is fairly large.
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
im pretty sure that slimming out the baffle will cause the frequency peak to rise..but you'l need to take away volume to get the higher frequency to peak.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
i would just do a nice big round over first on the back of the baffle to let them breath and test and see how that does for u. Then if not what u looking for then try removing 1 layer then make sure rounding is there and test again and see if gain or lose then that should tell u the answer to your question with out having to redo whole baffle again
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
I'm interested in this as well. I have 8 sheets cut but luckily I didn't put them together.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Quote:
Originally posted by Sinister-David:
i would just do a nice big round over first on the back of the baffle to let them breath and test and see how that does for u. Then if not what u looking for then try removing 1 layer then make sure rounding is there and test again and see if gain or lose then that should tell u the answer to your question with out having to redo whole baffle again
David, I would love to go this route but... being that its only me, and I just don't have the time or strength to remove and the baffle and subs several times!
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
More input needed guys please.
Quote 0 0
Ron caravan man
Not to throw a wrench in this! but I gained going to a thicker baffle! but this was on a caravan! I'd have to agree with peter, Gavin on this one! But I'm not to knowledgeable on astro's! good luck!
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron caravan man:
Not to throw a wrench in this! but I gained going to a thicker baffle! but this was on a caravan! I'd have to agree with peter, Gavin on this one! But I'm not to knowledgeable on astro's! good luck!
what was the volume of your enclosure before and after you added thickness to your baffle? I ask because with a larger wall box, it seems that large volume helps with loading because the subs have some distance to the rear wall, by thickening the baffle you remove volume while maintaining the distance from cone to real wall.

Its just something to consider.....Ive been working with this theory for some time to figure out why the large northAmerican vehicles have trouble loading thus requiring a large angle(s) to get the waves moving.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy