spl is my game Show full post »
bignoiz
170 @ 30 hz. should do the trick
Quote 0 0
PeteS
Quote:
Originally posted by spl is my game:
Big things in store for 2011 I will bass race a 170+.. I never posted a commitment on a score I can't back up.. Wayne can you start a 169.9 class please..
So extreme glass ?
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
sure would be interesting to see. would love to see a stock vehicle hold up to that kind of pressure but i can bet its not.
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
It would have to be thick plexi and a heavily modified cabin to do that. Outside of the few terras near the 170db mark look what happens to the super street vehicles near 170db... torn roofs... doors... pillars.... not to mention losing a windshield on every burp. Physically impossible to build and sustain that kind of pressure for 30 seconds with a stock cabin
Quote 0 0
spl is my game
your building the pressure side all wrong .. New design comming to a lane near you.. Think satelite dish aiming/cereal bowl. you have never seen effenciency like this. To bad its a 10db diffrence if you move the mic 5 inches from the sweet spot...

Vehicle testing for 3years and changing the game as we know it.
Quote 0 0
murilo
I know it works around 10GHz...
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Is this the van Barry Cook competes with?
Quote 0 0
dropbottommazda
Cool ...come on out <<
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Quote:
your building the pressure side all wrong .. New design comming to a lane near you.. Think satelite dish aiming/cereal bowl. you have never seen effenciency like this. To bad its a 10db diffrence if you move the mic 5 inches from the sweet spot...

This is Ben I assume? how are ya and good to see ya back! Are you talking about the curved subwoofer wall to combine pressure at the sensor location and rear curved wall to direct pressure more efficiently at the port. And getting this measurement you basically just string it to line both walls? If this is the method you know this is an oldschool way of doing spl walls even if it is a lost art.

John Fairchild came up with this design when I first started to tune center consoles in 1996. He used to do the multi close proximity ports(see Braintley W Design) till He saw the console design.

After that we discussed a build he did with one of his guys where he basically used a tuned console and used a string to do the front wall with the mic location as the receiver point and then used a string for the rear wall with the port as its receiver on a vertical plane.

Anyway, if it is the same design I am glad to see more oldschool designs coming back to life with todays new power/subwoofers available. I think they will surprize alot of people

Shoot me some pics if ya can to my email. I will look for my 35mm photos to scan of the old walls like that.
Quote 0 0
Neill Barber
Quote:
Originally posted by dB Don:
Quote:
quote:

This is Ben I assume? how are ya and good to see ya back! Are you talking about the curved subwoofer wall to combine pressure at the sensor location and rear curved wall to direct pressure more efficiently at the port. And getting this measurement you basically just string it to line both walls? If this is the method you know this is an oldschool way of doing spl walls even if it is a lost art.

John Fairchild came up with this design when I first started to tune center consoles in 1996. He used to do the multi close proximity ports(see Braintley W Design) till He saw the console design.

After that we discussed a build he did with one of his guys where he basically used a tuned console and used a string to do the front wall with the mic location as the receiver point and then used a string for the rear wall with the port as its receiver on a vertical plane.

Anyway, if it is the same design I am glad to see more oldschool designs coming back to life with todays new power/subwoofers available. I think they will surprize alot of people

Shoot me some pics if ya can to my email. I will look for my 35mm photos to scan of the old walls like that.
Id like to see those pics too Don.

We've all ben here quite a while.

NeillBarber
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Neil you been here some time too hehe. You must remember the CV curved walls with the subwoofers the same distance from the mic? There was a S10 blazer with six 18's one with 12's and I believe Brantley tried a few walls like that too. gonna have to climb into dirty boxes looking for pictures...as Oki would say uuuuuuuhhhhh!
Quote 0 0
audiobuffru1
Oh wow i havent seen that design in some times , i remember seeing brantleys box he was local here, and many others . would love to see if this does do well with todays equipement,
Quote 0 0
spl is my game
The van Barry runs is mine...it is for fun....
It will be at meca finals in m5 with a small new set up.

The test/ hobby van has been a project for years based on even pressure of a cylinder. Thus the use of them for air compressor. Completely round rear wall. Subwoofers suspended as if I was reflecting spl like a satillite dish to a LNB only the term lab is the lnb and the subs fire rearward firing at angles on the perimeter.. Easy to do with basic wavelength calculations and appling satiliite receiving angles until you try to do it in a car....

Db don I miss talking to you.. Hope all is going good for you. And Neal long time buddy you going to be at sbn this year
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy